Mucinex and Abdominal pain upper - from FDA reports
Abdominal pain upper is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Abdominal pain upper with Mucinex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,697 people who have side effects when taking Mucinex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 25, 2017
11,697 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex.
Among them, 271 people (2.32%) have Abdominal pain upper
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mucinex when people have Abdominal pain upper *:
- < 1 month: 95.65 %
- 1 - 6 months: 4.35 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Mucinex *:
- female: 74.52 %
- male: 25.48 %
Age of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Mucinex *:
- 0-1: 0.48 %
- 2-9: 1.44 %
- 10-19: 2.39 %
- 20-29: 10.53 %
- 30-39: 7.66 %
- 40-49: 12.92 %
- 50-59: 22.01 %
- 60+: 42.58 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (17 people, 6.27%)
- Stress And Anxiety (16 people, 5.90%)
- Sinusitis (15 people, 5.54%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (15 people, 5.54%)
- Depression (15 people, 5.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (37 people, 13.65%)
- Aspirin (37 people, 13.65%)
- Singulair (36 people, 13.28%)
- Nexium (33 people, 12.18%)
- Flonase (32 people, 11.81%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (94 people, 34.69%)
- Diarrhea (77 people, 28.41%)
- Fatigue (58 people, 21.40%)
- Chest Pain (53 people, 19.56%)
- Headache (51 people, 18.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Abdominal pain upper when taking Mucinex?
- Check symptoms - is abdominal pain upper caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAbdominal pain upper and drugs with ingredients of guaifenesin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAbdominal pain upper and Mucinex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 13,074 users)
Abdominal pain upper
Abdominal pain upper has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 115,126 Abdominal pain upper patients).
Browse all side effects of Mucinexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Abdominal pain upperAbdominal pain upper
Could your condition cause Abdominal pain upperAbdominal pain upper
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have had a total of 4 doses of Mucinex due to a bad cold and cough. I started having an issue swallowing which really concerned me. Took a drink of water to make sure my throat wasn't closing up and was ok.. But after taking my last dose (every 4 hour dose) and started having trouble ...
User reviews to the study
For months I have been looking for a solution to getting rid of gas and/diarrhea while taking Mucinex. I discovered it's related to diet. Milk, sugar, and starchy foods seem to cause the issues. I was stunned to discover that I can't tolerate milk, candy/cake and corn anymore, but I have to take ...
I started taking Guafenison 600 mg 3 times a day. This is not the longer acting Mucinex 12 hour stuff, but a cheaper brand i found online that was much more cost effective. It seems like since i started twking this 3 times a da, im urinating 3-5 times a night and hence cannot get a full night ...