Review: could Mucinex cause Abnormal heart rhythms (Arrhythmias)?
Summary: Abnormal heart rhythms is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Sinus congestion.
We study 4,768 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 82 have Abnormal heart rhythms. Find out below who they are, when they have Abnormal heart rhythms and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex and have Abnormal heart rhythms >>>
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 5,830 users)
Abnormal heart rhythms
Abnormal heart rhythms (irregular heartbeat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, diabetes, depression.(latest reports from Abnormal heart rhythms 45,280 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 4,768 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 82 people (1.72%) have Abnormal Heart Rhythms.
Time on Mucinex when people have Abnormal heart rhythms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abnormal heart rhythms||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Mucinex * :
|Abnormal heart rhythms||61.76%||38.24% |
Age of people who have Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Mucinex * :
|Abnormal heart rhythms||0.00%||1.22%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.54%||30.49%||59.76% |
Severity of Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Mucinex ** :
How people recovered from Abnormal heart rhythms ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinus congestion (16 people, 19.51%)
- Hypersensitivity (14 people, 17.07%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (12 people, 14.63%)
- Diabetes mellitus (12 people, 14.63%)
- Metastatic neoplasm (12 people, 14.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (57 people, 69.51%)
- Digoxin (44 people, 53.66%)
- Levaquin (40 people, 48.78%)
- Nexium (39 people, 47.56%)
- Lasix (33 people, 40.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abnormal Heart Rhythms while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Abnormal Heart Rhythms
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Abnormal Heart Rhythms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia? (3 answers)
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth (4 answers)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- How do i treat headaches caused by metoprolol?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Arrhythmia, Headache, Depression, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Wellbutrin Sr)
I had chest pain with accompanying jaw pain 5 days and after a stress test (diagnosis: borderline) and calcium test (showed build at LAD) the dr put me on metoprolol and isosorbide. Now I have a headache. Will this go away? The heart palps seem to be under control and greatly reduced but the headac ...
- Can asthma cause bradycardia?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Asthma, Bradycardia, Pulmonary Hypertension, and takes Albuterol)
Pain in my chest down the middle of chest where ribcage meets
More questions for: Mucinex, Abnormal heart rhythms
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Dilantin and interactions
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Arrhythmia, Epilepsy, Hypothyroid, and takes Vitamin D, Magnesium, Coreg, Dilantin, Synthroid)
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
More reviews for: Mucinex, Abnormal heart rhythms
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Synthroid, Adderall Xr 20 for a patient with Inflammation, Low Thyroid, Add. The patient has Arrhythmia
Comments: No heart issues for 20+ years after having cath ablation. Started taking a teaspoon of turmeric 2x day and after less than a week I was having severe arythemia. The only change in my habits was adding turmeric (which really helped the arthritis in my hands)
- A study of side effects of Estradiol And Norethindrone Acetate for a patient with Menopause. The patient has Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action)
Comments: While at a conference, I experienced bradycardia and passed out. I went to the ER and all tests run (EKG, labs, CT Scan) were all normal. I am worried that it will happen again. The Estradol/Norethindrone Acetate is the only drug I am currently taking. I have no chronic illnesses.
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Nasonex, Calcium Citrate, Advair Diskus 250/50, Proair Hfa, Guaifenesin, Prednisone, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Fentanyl, Humalog for a patient with Seasonal Allergy, Allergic Sinusitis, Health, Asthma, Productive Cough, Osteoarthritis, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Productive Cough, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema
Comments: For the last 3 years in the spring, I have developed a severe cough and peripheral edema. I was hospitalized for this 2 years ago when the cough wouldn't resolve and the edema became cellulitis. Antibiotics help with the cough, but the edema persists. Never had this so late in the year, usually reso ...
- A study of side effects of B12 for a patient with Potential B12 Deficiency, No Evidence Just Being Safe. I Eat A Vegan Diet.. The patient has Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
Comments: I was at the time of onset of health issues on a high-fat, low-carb vegan diet. Previously I had been on a no-fat, starch-based vegan diet, and in all those years never suffered any health issues, but wishing to bulk-up, switched to the high-fat approach. One day while sitting in my car reading I lo ...
- A study of drug interactions between B-12, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Enalapril Maleate, Atenolol for a patient with Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Preventive Surgery, Hypertension, Palpitations. The patient has Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Have To Think To Breathe, Lightheadedness, Bradycardia
Comments: I am menopausal. Some night sweats, emotional issues, occasional depression. I am usually at a HR of 80 and sometimes I have pvcs and pacs (tested benign). I have occasional tachycardia. Recently I have begun having spells where I feel light-headed, kind of like I need to think to breathe,(like when ...
More related studies for: Mucinex, Abnormal heart rhythms
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.