Mucinex and Benign prostatic hyperplasia - from FDA reports
Benign prostatic hyperplasia is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are 60+ old also take medication Aspirin, and have Prostate cancer metastatic . We study 9,781 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA. Among them, 35 have Benign prostatic hyperplasia. Find out below who they are, when they have Benign prostatic hyperplasia and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 11,124 users)
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (benign enlargement of the prostate) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate (latest reports from 24,197 Benign prostatic hyperplasia patients).
On Feb, 22, 2017
9,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex.
Among them, 35 people (0.36%) have Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia when taking Mucinex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 6.9 %
- 60+: 93.1 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (7 people, 20.00%)
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic (7 people, 20.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (4 people, 11.43%)
- Chest Pain (2 people, 5.71%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (2 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (21 people, 60.00%)
- Flomax (14 people, 40.00%)
- Spiriva (12 people, 34.29%)
- Pulmicort (12 people, 34.29%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (11 people, 31.43%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (20 people, 57.14%)
- Bronchitis (18 people, 51.43%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (16 people, 45.71%)
- Hypotension (15 people, 42.86%)
- Breathing Difficulty (15 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Benign prostatic hyperplasia when taking Mucinex?
- Check symptoms - is benign prostatic hyperplasia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Mucinexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Benign prostatic hyperplasiaBenign prostatic hyperplasia
Could your condition cause Benign prostatic hyperplasiaBenign prostatic hyperplasia
Can you answer these questions?
I have had a total of 4 doses of Mucinex due to a bad cold and cough. I started having an issue swallowing which really concerned me. Took a drink of water to make sure my throat wasn't closing up and was ok.. But after taking my last dose (every 4 hour dose) and started having trouble ...
Doctors agree that I should not take all three medicines at the same time (amlodipine, atenolol and Flowmax) but disagree on when to take each of them (Morning, Noon, Night). I also drink coffee or tea in the morning and occasional cocktail at 5-7 PM. How do most people take these medicines with ...
You may be interested in these reviews
ER yesterday with severe abdominal pain with back pain and nausea. Have dbeen taking Mucinex for a couple of weeks for allergies. ER diagnosed diverticulitis (clear colonoscopy less than 6-months ago). Prescribed Cipro and flagyl.
Hello! I was diagnosed with Lipedema a month ago and am seeking information on some of the ways we are treating it. I'm a member of many Facebook Lipedema groups as well. Mucinex keeps coming up as prescribed by Dr Herbst. So I'm very curious about it.