Review: could Mucinex cause Benign prostatic hyperplasia (Enlarged Prostate)?
Summary: Benign prostatic hyperplasia is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 4,777 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Benign prostatic hyperplasia. Find out below who they are, when they have Benign prostatic hyperplasia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mucinex and have Benign prostatic hyperplasia >>>
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 5,839 Mucinex users)
Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (benign enlargement of the prostate) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, osteoporosis, arthritis, pain. (latest reports from 17,538 Benign prostatic hyperplasia patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 4,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 30 people (0.63%) have Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.
Time on Mucinex when people have Benign prostatic hyperplasia * :
Gender of people who have Benign prostatic hyperplasia when taking Mucinex * :
|Benign prostatic hyperplasia||6.25%||93.75% |
Age of people who have Benign prostatic hyperplasia when taking Mucinex * :
|Benign prostatic hyperplasia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||93.33% |
Severity of Benign prostatic hyperplasia when taking Mucinex ** :
How people recovered from Benign prostatic hyperplasia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (7 people, 23.33%)
- Prostate cancer metastatic (6 people, 20.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 6.67%)
- Chest pain (2 people, 6.67%)
- Erectile dysfunction (2 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (20 people, 66.67%)
- Flomax (16 people, 53.33%)
- Spiriva (14 people, 46.67%)
- Pulmicort (13 people, 43.33%)
- Digoxin (11 people, 36.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between B-12, Mucinex, Sudafed, Proair Hfa, Dulera, Zyrtec, Prednisone, Prozac for a 38-year old woman with Vitamin B Complex Deficiency, Allergic Sinusitis, Sinusitis, Asthma, Allergy, Sinusitis Acute, Depression. The patient has Accessory Nipples
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 63-year old man with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Enlarged Prostate
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Guaifenesin, Loratadine, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Calcium, Ginkgo Biloba, Lutein, Eyebright, Bilberry, CoQ10, Sumatriptan Succinate, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Multivitamin, Estradiol, Melatonin for a 56-year old woman with Expectorant, Allergies, Osteoporosis, Memory Aids, Aids, Nail Disorder, Migraine Without Aura, Menopause Hot Flashes, Malnutrition, Insomnia. The patient has Gingival Hyperplasia
Recent Mucinex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.