Review: could Mucinex cause Hives?
Summary: Hives is reported only by a few people who take Mucinex.
We study 4,778 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Hives. Find out below who they are, when they have Hives and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mucinex and have Hives >>>
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 5,839 Mucinex users)
Hives has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 1,055 Hives patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 4,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 2 people (0.04%) have Hives.
Time on Mucinex when people have Hives * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hives when taking Mucinex * :
Age of people who have Hives when taking Mucinex * :
Severity of Hives when taking Mucinex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hives ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rash (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lyme disease antibody (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ceftriaxone (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mucinex and hives on
Do you have Hives while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Hives
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Hives
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omega 3, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D for a 18-year old boy with Urticaria Cholinergic. The patient has Hives
- A study of drug interactions between B-12, Mucinex, Sudafed, Proair Hfa, Dulera, Zyrtec, Prednisone, Prozac for a 38-year old woman with Vitamin B Complex Deficiency, Allergic Sinusitis, Sinusitis, Asthma, Allergy, Sinusitis Acute, Depression. The patient has Accessory Nipples
- A study of drug interactions between Restoril, Geodon, Brintellix, Ativan, Topamax, Lamictal for a 36-year old woman with Insomnia, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Macule, Dry Skin, Blisters, Hives, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Zoloft, Lamictal for a 15-year old girl with Abdominal Cramps, Major Depressive Disorder, Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Hives
- A study of side effects of Flagyl for a 40-year old woman with Vaginitis Bacterial. The patient has Hives
Recent Mucinex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.