Review: could Mucinex cause Hives?
Summary: Hives is reported only by a few people who take Mucinex.
We study 4,768 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Hives. Find out below who they are, when they have Hives and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex and have Hives >>>
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 5,830 users)
Hives has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.(latest reports from Hives 581 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 4,768 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 2 people (0.04%) have Hives.
Time on Mucinex when people have Hives * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hives when taking Mucinex * :
Age of people who have Hives when taking Mucinex * :
Severity of Hives when taking Mucinex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hives ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rash (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lyme disease antibody (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ceftriaxone (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hives while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Hives
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Hives
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia? (3 answers)
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth (4 answers)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- Low dose of hydroxyzine 20mg daily
(Asked by a 80 year old man who has Hives Treatment, and takes Hydroxyzine)
is tardive dyskinesia at low doses of hydroxyzine 20mg daily rare or not happened
- How long before atenolol caused angioedema (1 answer)
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Angioedema, Hives, and takes Atenolol)
I was taking lisonpril when I had an episode of angioedema that required transport to emergency room. Doctor switch me to altenolol September 17th.
Started atenolol on September 18th. developed Hives, prescribed presnisone and benadral. stopped after 10 days, the hives came back and last night a sl ...
- Is there cobalt in nuvaring?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Hives, and takes Nuvaring)
I have a cobalt allergy and am still breaking out in hives. Trying to figure out if there is cobalamine present in Nuvaring.
More questions for: Mucinex, Hives
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Allergic to ivp dye bad reaction to pyridium
(Posted by a 52 year old woman who has Hives, and takes Pyridium)
I am allergic to IVP dye (Iodine) I had discovered this over 20 years ago when I had kidney stones and was injected with the IVP. I was asked beforehand if I was allergic to shellfish and told them I didn't know since at the time I had never eaten seafood. After the injected me and walked out of the ...
More reviews for: Mucinex, Hives
- A study of side effects of Estradiol for a patient with Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hives, Welts (bumps or swellings that occur on the outer skin layer)
Comments: Past month...hives/welts appear on one location of my body for no apparent reason. They usually occur at times when I haven't eaten anything for 5-6 hours or upon waking up when I haven't eaten anything for at least 8 hr.
I have had the hives/welts appear on my face (lips, cheek, nostrils), on my ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Simponi for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Urticaria Cold, Hives, Cold Weather And Itchy Skin
Comments: When anything cold touches my skin I get a hive in that location. Cold weather causes my skin that is exposed to get extremely red, itchy, and most of the time develop hives. All of this started after I began humira. I remained on humira for only 6 months due to its ineffectiveness. I am now on Simp ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Zantac 300, Indapamide, Calcitriol, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container for a patient with Itching, Gerd, Parathyroid Disorder, Aat Deficiency, Parathyroid Hormone. The patient has Hives, Itching, Cough
Comments: Treatment for parathyroid benign includes water pill, vitamin D, and potassium chloride. Coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing occurs mostly at night. Once it starts, difficult to stop. Itching is daily, with visible hives and/or edema on occasion.
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Nasonex, Calcium Citrate, Advair Diskus 250/50, Proair Hfa, Guaifenesin, Prednisone, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Fentanyl, Humalog for a patient with Seasonal Allergy, Allergic Sinusitis, Health, Asthma, Productive Cough, Osteoarthritis, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Productive Cough, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema
Comments: For the last 3 years in the spring, I have developed a severe cough and peripheral edema. I was hospitalized for this 2 years ago when the cough wouldn't resolve and the edema became cellulitis. Antibiotics help with the cough, but the edema persists. Never had this so late in the year, usually reso ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Effexor Xr for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Depression. The patient has Hives, Dandruff
Comments: sudden onset- i don't know if it is from taking lamictal for too long- (i had started to get marked seborrheic dermatitis around crown and onto face once starting lamictal, now (just recently went onto effexor xr the problem is moderate-severe) I don't know what is causing this and what I should do. ...
More related studies for: Mucinex, Hives
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.