Home > Mucinex > Influenza b > Mucinex and Influenza b
Review: could Mucinex cause Influenza b (The flu)?
Summary: Influenza b is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Duoneb, and have Cough.
We study 4,766 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Influenza b. Find out below who they are, when they have Influenza b and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex and have Influenza b >>>
Mucinex (latest outcomes from 5,827 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Influenza b (the flu is caused by an influenza virus) (latest reports from 98,953 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 4,766 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 31 people (0.65%) have Influenza B.
Time on Mucinex when people have Influenza b * :
Gender of people who have Influenza b when taking Mucinex * :
|Influenza b||90.32%||9.68% |
Age of people who have Influenza b when taking Mucinex * :
|Influenza b||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.17%||4.17%||8.33%||83.33% |
Severity of Influenza b when taking Mucinex ** :
How people recovered from Influenza b ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cough (3 people, 9.68%)
- Blood pressure (3 people, 9.68%)
- Thyroid disorder (3 people, 9.68%)
- Asthma (3 people, 9.68%)
- Pneumonia (3 people, 9.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Duoneb (19 people, 61.29%)
- Protonix (16 people, 51.61%)
- Zofran (15 people, 48.39%)
- Miralax (15 people, 48.39%)
- Vitamin d (14 people, 45.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Influenza B while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Influenza B
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Influenza B
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- Can i take dicyclomine with tamiiflu?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Flu)
I have the flu and it is upsetting my stomach. Some diarrhea. Can I take dicyclomine for some relief?
- My 10 daughter has a cold and i have given her dimmetap, she is now complaining of allergy symptoms such as itchy, sore eyes. would it make any difference if i have her claratyne as well?
(Asked by a 11 year old girl who has Flu, Hay Fever, and takes Dimetapp, Claritin-d 24 Hour)
My daughters hay fever symptoms are out weighing her cold and flu symptoms. I have already given her dimatapp which is not really doing much to help either condition. Can I/should I give her claratyne as well?
- Swollen n itching guns with flu
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Flu)
Chest pain and a painful cough with dark green mucus when coughing. Headache and feeling btired.
More questions for: Mucinex, Influenza b
More reviews for: Mucinex, Influenza b
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Sinus Pain. The patient has Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)
Comments: just took tablets twice and burned stomach both times
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I am two weeks into an upper respiratory infection with congestion in my lungs (probably bronchitis). Taking Mucinex Maximum Strength. Getting acid reflux not mitigated by omeprazole.
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Flu. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I took mucinex for a couple of day as I had a very bad cold, now I have my period and woke up with an on and off womb pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Linzess, Pentasa for a patient with Constipation, Chronic Lyme Disease. The patient has Headache, Fever, Flu
Comments: Headache is a Dull ache but there does does seem to be a lot of pressure in my head.
More related studies for: Mucinex, Influenza b
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Alzheimer's Disease and Diarrhea
- Azopt and Sleep Disorders
- Sweating - Excessive and Crestor
- Mucinex Dm and Protriptyline Hydrochloride
- Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide and Red Face
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (4 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (15 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: I was on sulfasalazine for about 3 1/2 months. My stomach ... (23 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (20 hours ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (20 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)