Home > Mucinex > Influenza b > Mucinex and Influenza b
Review: could Mucinex cause Influenza b (The flu)?
Summary: Influenza b is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Duoneb, and have Cough.
We study 4,768 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Influenza b. Find out below who they are, when they have Influenza b and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex and have Influenza b >>>
Mucinex (latest outcomes from 5,827 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Influenza b (the flu is caused by an influenza virus) (latest reports from 22,832 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 4,766 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 31 people (0.65%) have Influenza B.
Time on Mucinex when people have Influenza b * :
Gender of people who have Influenza b when taking Mucinex * :
|Influenza b||90.32%||9.68% |
Age of people who have Influenza b when taking Mucinex * :
|Influenza b||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.17%||4.17%||8.33%||83.33% |
Severity of Influenza b when taking Mucinex ** :
How people recovered from Influenza b ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cough (3 people, 9.68%)
- Blood pressure (3 people, 9.68%)
- Thyroid disorder (3 people, 9.68%)
- Asthma (3 people, 9.68%)
- Pneumonia (3 people, 9.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Duoneb (19 people, 61.29%)
- Protonix (16 people, 51.61%)
- Zofran (15 people, 48.39%)
- Miralax (15 people, 48.39%)
- Vitamin d (14 people, 45.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Influenza B while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Influenza B
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Influenza B
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- Can i take dicyclomine with tamiiflu?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Flu)
I have the flu and it is upsetting my stomach. Some diarrhea. Can I take dicyclomine for some relief?
- My 10 daughter has a cold and i have given her dimmetap, she is now complaining of allergy symptoms such as itchy, sore eyes. would it make any difference if i have her claratyne as well?
(Asked by a 11 year old girl who has Flu, Hay Fever, and takes Dimetapp, Claritin-d 24 Hour)
My daughters hay fever symptoms are out weighing her cold and flu symptoms. I have already given her dimatapp which is not really doing much to help either condition. Can I/should I give her claratyne as well?
- Swollen n itching guns with flu
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Flu)
Chest pain and a painful cough with dark green mucus when coughing. Headache and feeling btired.
More questions for: Mucinex, Influenza b
More reviews for: Mucinex, Influenza b
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Nasonex, Calcium Citrate, Advair Diskus 250/50, Proair Hfa, Guaifenesin, Prednisone, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Fentanyl, Humalog for a patient with Seasonal Allergy, Allergic Sinusitis, Health, Asthma, Productive Cough, Osteoarthritis, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Productive Cough, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema
Comments: For the last 3 years in the spring, I have developed a severe cough and peripheral edema. I was hospitalized for this 2 years ago when the cough wouldn't resolve and the edema became cellulitis. Antibiotics help with the cough, but the edema persists. Never had this so late in the year, usually reso ...
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex, Xopenex, Symbicort, Spiriva, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amlodipine Besylate, Potassium, Furosemide, Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Pantoprazole, Metformin for a patient with Ear Congestion, Rescue Inhaler, Copd, Biopsy Prostate, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Lung Water, Acid Reflux, Diabetes. The patient has Breathlessness
Comments: Believe my problem is with Formoterol. Symptoms (breathlessness and being winded with minimal exertion) first noted three years ago after taking Foradil aerolizer (formoterol) and asmanex twisthaler for one to two years. Health, stamina gradually dimished to shortness of breath with minimal exert ...
- A study of side effects of Guaifenesin for a patient with Cleft Sinus. The patient has Dry Mouth, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears), Back Pain
Comments: causes acute thirst and dehydration symptoms that I treat with water and ice between water intake. I have had a bout with a bulging disc in the past but this was quite different. I wasn't having any of these symptoms. I was very really good except I was having this drainage to my throat and ears. Wh ...
- A study of drug interactions between CoQ10, Probiotic, Magnesium, Omega 3, Vitamin D, Calcium, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Mucinex for a patient with Life Support, Sleep Issues, Health, Fatigue, Tongue Problems, Breast Disorder, Ear Congestion. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Rosacea, Joint Pain, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Painful Red Eyes, Hyperpigmentation
Comments: 2011 ill 10 days high fever diagnosed( no test) Mono sent home treatment amoxicillin still in pain and unwell 3months later test and diagnosis Lyme treatment Doxicyclin 14 days some improvement but not recovered diagnosis muscle cramps, joint pain, swelling legs,Rosacea doxy again retested April Ly ...
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Loss Of Smell, Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness), Aching Muscles And Joints, Major Depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings)
Comments: Have had chronic fatigue since fall 1987, with aches and pains of "fibromyalgia" coming on more gradually over the years. Seasonal depression since childhood which has worsened over time. Post-natal depression after each of 4 sons, worsening with each one. Started on anti-depressants in 1994 or 5... ...
More related studies for: Mucinex, Influenza b
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.