Review: could Mucinex cause Irregular heartbeat (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Irregular heartbeat is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Cough.
We study 4,777 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Irregular heartbeat. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregular heartbeat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mucinex and have Irregular heartbeat >>>
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 5,839 Mucinex users)
Irregular heartbeat (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,180 Irregular heartbeat patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 4,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 122 people (2.55%) have Irregular Heartbeat.
Time on Mucinex when people have Irregular heartbeat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregular heartbeat||77.78%||0.00%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Mucinex * :
|Irregular heartbeat||66.17%||33.83% |
Age of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Mucinex * :
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||0.85%||7.69%||8.55%||11.11%||27.35%||44.44% |
Severity of Irregular heartbeat when taking Mucinex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Irregular heartbeat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cough (12 people, 9.84%)
- Depression (7 people, 5.74%)
- Respiratory tract congestion (6 people, 4.92%)
- Pain (5 people, 4.10%)
- Sinusitis (5 people, 4.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (52 people, 42.62%)
- Mucinex dm (48 people, 39.34%)
- Lisinopril (34 people, 27.87%)
- Albuterol (30 people, 24.59%)
- Lipitor (27 people, 22.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mucinex and irregular heartbeat on
Do you have Irregular Heartbeat while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Irregular Heartbeat
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Irregular Heartbeat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between B-12, Mucinex, Sudafed, Proair Hfa, Dulera, Zyrtec, Prednisone, Prozac for a 38-year old woman with Vitamin B Complex Deficiency, Allergic Sinusitis, Sinusitis, Asthma, Allergy, Sinusitis Acute, Depression. The patient has Accessory Nipples
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Palpitations, Tongue Irritation, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Daytrana for a 21-year old man with ADHD. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
Recent Mucinex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.