Home > Mucinex > Irregular heartbeat > Mucinex and Irregular heartbeat
Review: could Mucinex cause Irregular heartbeat (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Irregular heartbeat is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Cough.
We study 4,766 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Irregular heartbeat. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregular heartbeat and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex and have Irregular heartbeat >>>
Mucinex (latest outcomes from 5,827 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Irregular heartbeat (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 316,270 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 4,766 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 122 people (2.56%) have Irregular Heartbeat.
Time on Mucinex when people have Irregular heartbeat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregular heartbeat||77.78%||0.00%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Mucinex * :
|Irregular heartbeat||66.17%||33.83% |
Age of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Mucinex * :
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||0.85%||7.69%||8.55%||11.11%||27.35%||44.44% |
Severity of Irregular heartbeat when taking Mucinex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Irregular heartbeat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cough (12 people, 9.84%)
- Depression (7 people, 5.74%)
- Respiratory tract congestion (6 people, 4.92%)
- Pain (5 people, 4.10%)
- Sinusitis (5 people, 4.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (52 people, 42.62%)
- Mucinex dm (48 people, 39.34%)
- Lisinopril (34 people, 27.87%)
- Albuterol (30 people, 24.59%)
- Lipitor (27 people, 22.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irregular Heartbeat while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Irregular Heartbeat
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Irregular Heartbeat
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Biotin and heart races? connection?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
About 2 weeks ago I started on 3mg of Biotin a day. After about 4 days my heart started racing for period. It was uncomfortable and distracting. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's settled some but in the evening it comes back. Occassionaly during the day. Maybe at night I just notice it more but ...
- Can biotin cause prolonged heart racing?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
I started taking 3mg of biotin a day for about 3 or 4 days. I noticed my heart racing which was unusual for me. None before starting biotin. I've stopped over a week ago, going on 2 weeks and my heart still races. More at night or maybe I notice it more at night. No, I would notice it during the day ...
- Does it produce vitamin k
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Sintrom, Irregular Heartbeat)
he had stroke 5 years ago, he is taking sintrom, irregular heart beat
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Does bystolic cause loss of balance
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Heart Palpitations)
bystolic causes dizzines, no balance, weak legs, fulllness in ears,heart pounding
More questions for: Mucinex, Irregular heartbeat
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Heartburn, Nausea, Heart Palpitations)
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Fenofibrate allergy and gall bladder problems
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Allergic Sinusitis, Heart Palpitations, Gallbladder Pain, and takes Fenofibrate)
Took fenofibrate for about 9 months to treat high cholesterol, it lowered total from 250 down to 175 along with lowered triglycerides and LDL. After 6 months started having allergy and cold flu symptoms along with heart palpitations. Allergies caused sore throat, fluid behind ear,and sinus congest ...
- Heart pounding on zoloft
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Zoloft)
Have been on Zoloft for 3 weeks and have heart pounding once a week for a few hours which unable me to sleep
- Generic suboxone causing heart palpitations
(Posted by a 35 year old man who has Heart Palpitations, and takes Suboxone)
I've been on the name brand Suboxone and recently was changed over to a generic Bupe/Naloxone and started having an extreme amount of heart palpitations three days after the switch. They began mildly and by the third day had increased to the point I had to stop taking it. Once I started taking the n ...
- Trazodone auditory hallucinations and heart palpitations
(Posted by a 38 year old man who has Heart Palpitations, Auditory Hallucinations, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride)
I have severe sleeping problems, and have been desperate to find a solution. Recently my Dr. prescribed me Trazodone. Let's just say this drug is NOT for me. I get rather pronounced heart palpitations. And last night was the worst. My heart pounded rather hard the entire night. So unfortunately, I w ...
More reviews for: Mucinex, Irregular heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Sinus Pain. The patient has Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)
Comments: just took tablets twice and burned stomach both times
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Lovaza for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
Comments: Stopped taking Lovaza and now the irregular heart beats are not present
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Buspirone Hydrochloride for a patient with Meniere's Disease, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Palpitations
Comments: Only happens occasionally. More when I am active. But sometimes just sitting. All the time when using computer or watching television. There are just days where I cannot even look at a computer screen for even 1 minute. Very frustrating. Palpitations are annoying and inconvenient.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Acid Reflux, Hypertension. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
Comments: Started using omeprazole 2 months ago. Just noticed skipped heartbeats. 1-2 per minute.
More related studies for: Mucinex, Irregular heartbeat
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.