Review: could Mucinex cause Loss of appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Loss of appetite is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 4,777 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 87 have Loss of appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mucinex and have Loss of appetite >>>
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 5,838 Mucinex users)
Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 52,329 Loss of appetite patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 4,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 87 people (1.82%) have Loss Of Appetite.
Time on Mucinex when people have Loss of appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of appetite||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Mucinex * :
|Loss of appetite||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Mucinex * :
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||1.27%||2.53%||1.27%||22.78%||10.13%||62.03% |
Severity of Loss of appetite when taking Mucinex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of appetite ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (5 people, 5.75%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (4 people, 4.60%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (4 people, 4.60%)
- Muscle spasms (4 people, 4.60%)
- Cough (4 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (35 people, 40.23%)
- Digoxin (34 people, 39.08%)
- Albuterol (31 people, 35.63%)
- Lasix (22 people, 25.29%)
- Furosemide (20 people, 22.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mucinex and loss of appetite on
Do you have Loss Of Appetite while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Loss Of Appetite
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Loss Of Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 53-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Muscular Weakness, Thoughts - Cloudy, Appetite - Decreased
- A study of side effects of Zantac 150 for a 50-year old woman with Indigestion. The patient has Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat)
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 45-year old woman with Panic Disorder. The patient has Lose Weight, Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat)
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a 21-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting (a common and often unpleasant sensation feeling that one may be about to faint), Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood), Insomnia (sleeplessness), Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat), Blurred Vision, Panic Attack, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine (headache that has characteristics of both a tension headache and a migraine headache), Neck Pain, Depression, Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
Recent Mucinex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.