Home > Mucinex > Nightmares > Mucinex and Nightmares
Review: could Mucinex cause Nightmares?
Summary: Nightmares is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Chantix, and have Smoking cessation therapy.
We study 4,768 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Nightmares. Find out below who they are, when they have Nightmares and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex and have Nightmares >>>
Mucinex (latest outcomes from 5,827 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Nightmares (unpleasant dreams) (latest reports from 14,120 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 4,768 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 16 people (0.34%) have Nightmares.
Time on Mucinex when people have Nightmares * :
Gender of people who have Nightmares when taking Mucinex * :
Age of people who have Nightmares when taking Mucinex * :
Severity of Nightmares when taking Mucinex ** :
How people recovered from Nightmares ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (9 people, 56.25%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 37.50%)
- Multiple allergies (5 people, 31.25%)
- Sleep disorder (5 people, 31.25%)
- Asthma (4 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (10 people, 62.50%)
- Montelukast sodium (6 people, 37.50%)
- Furosemide (6 people, 37.50%)
- Morphine (6 people, 37.50%)
- Hydroxyzine (5 people, 31.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nightmares while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Nightmares
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Nightmares
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- Does flecainide cause bad dreams
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Bad Dreams, and takes Flecainide Acetate)
I have been taking Flecainide for A.Fib and flutter for a year and a half and it is working extremely well in controlling those problems. However, I seem to have more bad dreams than before I started taking Flecainide. I am wondering if others have experienced the same problem. I also take metrp ...
- Halcion causing vivid dreams and nightmares
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has Nightmares, Vivid Dreams, and takes Halcion, Prochlorperazine)
initial hour of sleep was ok but i awoke to a bad dream, now upon closing my eyes the dreams become far more outrages, vivid and constantly appear in my minds eye. I am currently typing this to avoid sleeping.
- I use cannabis to control my ritalin side effects. is this good?
(Asked by a 22 year old man who has Decreased Appetite, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bad Dreams, Stress After Work (evening), and takes Ritalin, Cannabis, Cannabis Sativa)
-Hi everyone,I was diagnosed A.D.D. in July 2012 and I started smoking everyday(after work,evening) since April 2013 and right now we are November 2013.
(sorry for my bad English)
I've stopped last week from smoking cannabis because I wanted to experiment and inform myself if it was really hel ...
More questions for: Mucinex, Nightmares
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Ultracent caused nightmare
(Posted by a 17 year old boy who has Nightmare)
I had the worst nightmare I have had since I was a child. Probably the worst one I've had ever. I woke up crying and was thrashing around in my sleep. I'm currently to terrified to move from my bed. Just a fair warning.
- Pravastatin and bad dreams
(Posted by a 74 year old woman who has Bad Dreams, and takes Pravastatin Sodium)
Just resumed taking pravastatin alternate nights after gap of 6 weeks. Alternate nights and 6 week gap make more obvious that waking with headache, nausea and bad dream is caused by night before pravastatin pill. Only 10mg too!
I think headache causes bad dream. Bad dreams unusually persistent in m ...
More reviews for: Mucinex, Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Daytrana for a patient with Hyperness Adhd. The patient has Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams)
Comments: My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always under control with the same medication (Depakote) Depakote never gave any side effects. These dreams came on when he started taking methylphenidate er
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of side effects of Simcor for a patient with Hyperlipidemia. The patient has Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams)
Comments: Almost every night I have real bizarre dreams. My dreams have been classified as nightmares by a psychologist (discussions during marriage counseling). I often kick my feet and legs; I sometimes sit bolt upright in bed and wave my arms around. Sometimes I wake up suddenly, frightened and in a physi ...
- A study of side effects of Bystolic for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Nightmares (unpleasant dreams), Insomnia (sleeplessness), Joint Pain, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears), Dry Mouth, Feeling Hot And Cold, Dizziness, Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body), Cold Exposure - Extremities (damage is caused to skin and other tissues due to freezing), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Hair Loss, Vision Blurred, Headache (pain in head)
Comments: Bystolic was effective in lowering my blood pressure. However, this drug has caused HORRIFIC problems for me. I have never had anything affect me so adversely. I believe that at first I was metabolizing it well, but after a couple of weeks I felt poisoned. It has been 5 months since I stopped ta ...
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Nasonex, Calcium Citrate, Advair Diskus 250/50, Proair Hfa, Guaifenesin, Prednisone, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Fentanyl, Humalog for a patient with Seasonal Allergy, Allergic Sinusitis, Health, Asthma, Productive Cough, Osteoarthritis, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Productive Cough, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema
Comments: For the last 3 years in the spring, I have developed a severe cough and peripheral edema. I was hospitalized for this 2 years ago when the cough wouldn't resolve and the edema became cellulitis. Antibiotics help with the cough, but the edema persists. Never had this so late in the year, usually reso ...
More related studies for: Mucinex, Nightmares
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Menstrual Cramps
- Cataflam and Duragesic-100
- Adderall 20
- Propranolol Hydrochloride
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been ... (6 hours ago)
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (10 hours ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (14 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (3 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Celexa, Klonopin, Adderall 20, Accutane for a 19-year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder Nec, ADD, Acne (28 minutes ago)
- Klonopin, Skelaxin, Prednisone, Adderall 20, Lipitor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Mestinon for a 62-year old man who has Myalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia (58 minutes ago)
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 18-year old boy who has N-A-G (1 hour ago)