Home > Mucinex > Nosebleed > Mucinex and Nosebleed
Review: could Mucinex cause Nosebleed?
Summary: Nosebleed is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Mucinex dm, and have Respiratory tract congestion.
We study 4,768 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 162 have Nosebleed. Find out below who they are, when they have Nosebleed and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex and have Nosebleed >>>
Mucinex (latest outcomes from 5,827 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Nosebleed (bleeding from nose) (latest reports from 23,860 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 4,766 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 162 people (3.40%) have Nosebleed.
Time on Mucinex when people have Nosebleed * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nosebleed when taking Mucinex * :
Age of people who have Nosebleed when taking Mucinex * :
Severity of Nosebleed when taking Mucinex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nosebleed ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Respiratory tract congestion (17 people, 10.49%)
- Nasal congestion (9 people, 5.56%)
- Nasopharyngitis (8 people, 4.94%)
- Asthma (6 people, 3.70%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (5 people, 3.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Mucinex dm (51 people, 31.48%)
- Mucinex d (17 people, 10.49%)
- Mucinex mini melts (16 people, 9.88%)
- Albuterol (11 people, 6.79%)
- Foradil (10 people, 6.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
treichae (3 years ago):
I have been taking Mucinex DM for the last 4 days and had a nosebleed of moderate severity this morning. I am 23 years old and a female.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nosebleed while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Nosebleed
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Nosebleed
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- Does claritin have an anticoagulant effect?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Nosebleeds, and takes Claritin)
I thought I had conquered my nosebleed problems with saline nasal mist and saline nasal gel, but now I've started on Claritin (actually Walitin, Walgreen's knockoff) for an unrelated reason and the nosebleeds have started again. Is this because of the Claritin or just a coincidence?
- Has any one been getting nosebleeds from taking this medication
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Nosebleeds, and takes Oxybutynin Chloride)
starting getting nosebleeds in about three weeks from starting this medication.Had a sever nosebleed today at work thy had to call EMTS just to get it stop.
More questions for: Mucinex, Nosebleed
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Nosebleed, and takes Miconazole 3)
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
More reviews for: Mucinex, Nosebleed
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Rosuvastatin Calcium for a patient with Asthma, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Epistaxis
Comments: Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Poison Ivy. The patient has Bleeding From The Nose (bleeding from nose)
Comments: taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?
- A study of side effects of Lumigan for a patient with Lumigan. The patient has Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose)
Comments: Diagnosed with acute Glaucoma, operated with laser and given Lumigan 1 drop in each eye nightly.
A few weeks later nose bleed from one nostril quite heavy. Occurs on a weekly basis. Dr prescribed anti biotics, and cream. Not working.
Any advice will be appreciated please.
- A study of side effects of Guanfacine Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Nosebleed (bleeding from nose)
Comments: after cleaning nose with a tissue very gently, i got a nosebleed. this has happened twice so far while on tenex/guanfacine for less than six months on a relatively low dose. i am on guanfacine for anxiety and insomnia.
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Nasonex, Calcium Citrate, Advair Diskus 250/50, Proair Hfa, Guaifenesin, Prednisone, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Fentanyl, Humalog for a patient with Seasonal Allergy, Allergic Sinusitis, Health, Asthma, Productive Cough, Osteoarthritis, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Productive Cough, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema
Comments: For the last 3 years in the spring, I have developed a severe cough and peripheral edema. I was hospitalized for this 2 years ago when the cough wouldn't resolve and the edema became cellulitis. Antibiotics help with the cough, but the edema persists. Never had this so late in the year, usually reso ...
More related studies for: Mucinex, Nosebleed
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.