Review: could Mucinex cause Nosebleed?
Summary: Nosebleed is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Mucinex dm, and have Respiratory tract congestion.
We study 4,768 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 162 have Nosebleed. Find out below who they are, when they have Nosebleed and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex and have Nosebleed >>>
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 5,830 users)
Nosebleed (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Nosebleed 23,860 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 4,768 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 162 people (3.40%) have Nosebleed.
Time on Mucinex when people have Nosebleed * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nosebleed when taking Mucinex * :
Age of people who have Nosebleed when taking Mucinex * :
Severity of Nosebleed when taking Mucinex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nosebleed ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Respiratory tract congestion (17 people, 10.49%)
- Nasal congestion (9 people, 5.56%)
- Nasopharyngitis (8 people, 4.94%)
- Asthma (6 people, 3.70%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (5 people, 3.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Mucinex dm (51 people, 31.48%)
- Mucinex d (17 people, 10.49%)
- Mucinex mini melts (16 people, 9.88%)
- Albuterol (11 people, 6.79%)
- Foradil (10 people, 6.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
treichae (3 years ago):
I have been taking Mucinex DM for the last 4 days and had a nosebleed of moderate severity this morning. I am 23 years old and a female.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nosebleed while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Nosebleed
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Nosebleed
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Mucinex, Nosebleed
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
More reviews for: Mucinex, Nosebleed
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?
- Diagnosed with acute Glaucoma, operated with laser and given Lumigan 1 drop in each eye nightly.
A few weeks later nose bleed from one nostril quite heavy. Occurs on a weekly basis. Dr prescribed anti biotics, and cream. Not working.
Any advice will be appreciated please.
- after cleaning nose with a tissue very gently, i got a nosebleed. this has happened twice so far while on tenex/guanfacine for less than six months on a relatively low dose. i am on guanfacine for anxiety and insomnia.
More related studies for: Mucinex, Nosebleed
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.