Review: could Mucinex cause Pneumonia?
Summary: Pneumonia is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
We study 4,777 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 417 have Pneumonia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pneumonia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mucinex and have Pneumonia >>>
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 5,838 Mucinex users)
Pneumonia has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 122,910 Pneumonia patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 4,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 417 people (8.73%) have Pneumonia.
Time on Mucinex when people have Pneumonia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pneumonia when taking Mucinex * :
Age of people who have Pneumonia when taking Mucinex * :
Severity of Pneumonia when taking Mucinex ** :
How people recovered from Pneumonia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (62 people, 14.87%)
- Osteoporosis (53 people, 12.71%)
- Pain (37 people, 8.87%)
- Depression (35 people, 8.39%)
- Diabetes mellitus (31 people, 7.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (164 people, 39.33%)
- Lasix (138 people, 33.09%)
- Albuterol (123 people, 29.50%)
- Prednisone (118 people, 28.30%)
- Zometa (113 people, 27.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mucinex and pneumonia on
Do you have Pneumonia while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Pneumonia
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Pneumonia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
- A study of side effects of Symbicort for a 55-year old man with Shortness Of Breath. The patient has Pneumonia
- A study of drug interactions between Guaifenesin, Loratadine, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Calcium, Ginkgo Biloba, Lutein, Eyebright, Bilberry, CoQ10, Sumatriptan Succinate, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Multivitamin, Estradiol, Melatonin for a 56-year old woman with Expectorant, Allergies, Osteoporosis, Memory Aids, Aids, Nail Disorder, Migraine Without Aura, Menopause Hot Flashes, Malnutrition, Insomnia. The patient has Gingival Hyperplasia
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Mucinex, Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Allopurinol, Omeprazole, Seroquel for a 62-year old woman with Blood Count Abnormal, Nasal Congestion, Life Support, High Blood Pressure, Gout - Chronic, Gerd, Chronic Insomnia. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Probiotics, Centrum Silver, Calcium, B Complex Vitamin, CoQ10, Mucinex D, Mucinex, Aciphex, Linzess, Synthroid, Estradiol, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Singulair, Advair Diskus 500/50, Celebrex, Viibryd, Baclofen for a 66-year old woman with Muscle Spasticity, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Fatigue - Chronic, Osteopenia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Sinus Congestion, Copd, Gerd, Constipation, Hypothyroidism, Menopausal Symptoms, Depression, Asthma, Pain - Back, Irritability, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Hyponatraemia
Recent Mucinex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.