Review: could Mucinex cause Pneumonia?
Summary: Pneumonia is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
We study 4,768 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 417 have Pneumonia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pneumonia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex and have Pneumonia >>>
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 5,830 users)
Pneumonia has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Pneumonia 122,474 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 4,768 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 417 people (8.75%) have Pneumonia.
Time on Mucinex when people have Pneumonia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pneumonia when taking Mucinex * :
Age of people who have Pneumonia when taking Mucinex * :
Severity of Pneumonia when taking Mucinex ** :
How people recovered from Pneumonia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (62 people, 14.87%)
- Osteoporosis (53 people, 12.71%)
- Pain (37 people, 8.87%)
- Depression (35 people, 8.39%)
- Diabetes mellitus (31 people, 7.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (164 people, 39.33%)
- Lasix (138 people, 33.09%)
- Albuterol (123 people, 29.50%)
- Prednisone (118 people, 28.30%)
- Zometa (113 people, 27.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pneumonia while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Pneumonia
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Pneumonia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia? (3 answers)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth (4 answers)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- Does zithromax cause excessive sweating at night and headache
I had a terrible sweating after taking Zithromax. I felt as if half buckets of water were constantly poured on me. I was so scared of sleeping. In fact there was no dry space on my bed to sleep on since the entire bed was drenched. I have been drinking water since 4am to replace the lost water.
- Stem cell treatment for radiation heart disease?
I'm trying to find ways to improve my heart valve function, as surgical repair has a low prognosis. This is because the cardiac skeleton is calcified and that means there is nothing to sew replacement valves to.
Does anyone have info about use of stem cells for this? Thanks for any info.
- Can taking boniva cause pneumonia?
took only 1 dose the 1st of June. Got URI 2 weeks later. Chest x-ray revealed pneumonia. Was always very healthy. Never any lung problems, hardly never even a cold. Fever getting to me after a week. Put on Levaquin after Ceftin failed to work.
More questions for: Mucinex, Pneumonia
More reviews for: Mucinex, Pneumonia
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- For the last 3 years in the spring, I have developed a severe cough and peripheral edema. I was hospitalized for this 2 years ago when the cough wouldn't resolve and the edema became cellulitis. Antibiotics help with the cough, but the edema persists. Never had this so late in the year, usually reso ...
- Believe my problem is with Formoterol. Symptoms (breathlessness and being winded with minimal exertion) first noted three years ago after taking Foradil aerolizer (formoterol) and asmanex twisthaler for one to two years. Health, stamina gradually dimished to shortness of breath with minimal exert ...
- causes acute thirst and dehydration symptoms that I treat with water and ice between water intake. I have had a bout with a bulging disc in the past but this was quite different. I wasn't having any of these symptoms. I was very really good except I was having this drainage to my throat and ears. Wh ...
- 2011 ill 10 days high fever diagnosed( no test) Mono sent home treatment amoxicillin still in pain and unwell 3months later test and diagnosis Lyme treatment Doxicyclin 14 days some improvement but not recovered diagnosis muscle cramps, joint pain, swelling legs,Rosacea doxy again retested April Ly ...
- After third infusion of Remicade I developed pneumonia requiring hospitalization. An 8 day stay with anti-biotic treatments. I developed oral candida albicans where lozenges (200) failed to cure. Just switched to liquid solution w/I last 2 days. Doctors report I have developed pulmonary fibrosis. W ...
More related studies for: Mucinex, Pneumonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.