Review: could Mucinex cause Rapid heart beat (Heart Rate Increased)?
Summary: Rapid heart beat is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Mucinex d, and have Cough.
We study 4,777 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 120 have Rapid heart beat. Find out below who they are, when they have Rapid heart beat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mucinex and have Rapid heart beat >>>
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 5,838 Mucinex users)
Rapid heart beat
Rapid heart beat has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, asthma. (latest reports from 39,708 Rapid heart beat patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 4,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 120 people (2.51%) have Rapid Heart Beat.
Time on Mucinex when people have Rapid heart beat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rapid heart beat||70.00%||10.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Mucinex * :
|Rapid heart beat||73.08%||26.92% |
Age of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Mucinex * :
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||1.39%||5.56%||0.69%||9.72%||13.19%||22.22%||47.22% |
Severity of Rapid heart beat when taking Mucinex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rapid heart beat||33.33%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rapid heart beat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cough (22 people, 18.33%)
- Sinusitis (13 people, 10.83%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (10 people, 8.33%)
- Diabetes mellitus (10 people, 8.33%)
- Asthma (7 people, 5.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Mucinex d (49 people, 40.83%)
- Mucinex d maximum strength (29 people, 24.17%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 21.67%)
- Mucinex dm (24 people, 20.00%)
- Lasix (19 people, 15.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mucinex and rapid heart beat on
Do you have Rapid Heart Beat while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Rapid Heart Beat
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Rapid Heart Beat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin La, Provigil for a 67-year old woman with Sleepiness - During The Day, Sleeping Sickness. The patient has Heart Rate Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
- A study of side effects of Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman with ADD. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood), Muscle Aches (muscle pain), Spitting Up, Cough, Heart Rate Increased, Heartburn - Chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus), Retained Fetal Lung Fluid (fluid does not leave the lung)
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Toviaz, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Suboxone for a 30-year old woman with Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Drug Addiction. The patient has Upset Stomach, Hot Flashes, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Shortness Of Breath, Irregular Heartbeat, Rapid Heart Beat
Recent Mucinex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.