Home > Mucinex > Rash > Mucinex and Rash
Review: could Mucinex cause Rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Cough.
We study 4,766 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Among them, 227 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex and have Rash >>>
Mucinex (latest outcomes from 5,827 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Rash (redness) (latest reports from 976,060 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 4,766 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 227 people (4.76%) have Rash.
Time on Mucinex when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Mucinex * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Mucinex * :
Severity of Rash when taking Mucinex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cough (36 people, 15.86%)
- Sinusitis (30 people, 13.22%)
- Metastatic neoplasm (17 people, 7.49%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (17 people, 7.49%)
- Diabetes mellitus (15 people, 6.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (82 people, 36.12%)
- Lasix (57 people, 25.11%)
- Fosamax (45 people, 19.82%)
- Zometa (41 people, 18.06%)
- Levaquin (41 people, 18.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Rash
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long does redness last after picato?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Skin Redness Or Inflammation, and takes Picato)
After 3 and a half weeks, I still have a huge red splotch on my face where I applied picato gel according to directions from my dermatologist. I'm very worried that it will be permanent. I had a huge water filled blister the morning after my first application of the gel. I used it two more times as ...
- I used coartem and developed redish all over my body. can coartem cause rashes
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Rashes, and takes Coartem)
i developed rashes which is itching me after using coartem for three days. also having sensation in my mouth and blister at the angle of my lips. could it be a side effect from coartem?
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Does ginger treats skin rashes?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Skin Rash)
i have skin rashes and i treated it with ginger is it right to treat to treat skin rashes with ginger?
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
More questions for: Mucinex, Rash
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Rash, and takes Zorvolex)
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I ha ...
More reviews for: Mucinex, Rash
- A study of side effects of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Cellulitis. The patient has Rash (redness), Cellulitis Streptococcal (deep skin soft tissue infection by bacteria)
Comments: flareups about twice a year. My cousins on both sides of my family have fibromyagia and I am suspicious that I may also. I want to know if these two diseases are realted
- A study of side effects of Depo-provera for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Skin Rash (redness)
Comments: The rash on my back started peeling off.
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Bronchial Infection. The patient has Rash (redness)
Comments: red raised lumps
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Sr, Ibuprofen for a patient with Delusional Depression, Pain - Tooth Or Teeth. The patient has Skin Rash
Comments: Have a broken tooth and have devolved a bad skin rash all over my body.
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
More related studies for: Mucinex, Rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.