Home > Mucinex > Rebound effect > Mucinex and Rebound effect
Review: could Mucinex cause Rebound effect?
We study 4,766 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Rebound effect and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex and have Rebound effect >>>
Mucinex (latest outcomes from 5,827 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Rebound effect (take-back effect) (latest reports from 2,377 patients) has been reported by people with insomnia, multiple sclerosis, migraine, depression, headache.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 4,766 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex. Among them, 1 people (0.02%) has Rebound Effect.
Time on Mucinex when people have Rebound effect * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rebound effect||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rebound effect when taking Mucinex * :
|Rebound effect||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Rebound effect when taking Mucinex * :
|Rebound effect||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Rebound effect when taking Mucinex ** :
How people recovered from Rebound effect ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nasal congestion (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rebound Effect while taking Mucinex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex and have Rebound Effect
- support group for people who take Mucinex
- support group for people who have Rebound Effect
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
More questions for: Mucinex, Rebound effect
More reviews for: Mucinex, Rebound effect
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Sinus Pain. The patient has Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)
Comments: just took tablets twice and burned stomach both times
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I am two weeks into an upper respiratory infection with congestion in my lungs (probably bronchitis). Taking Mucinex Maximum Strength. Getting acid reflux not mitigated by omeprazole.
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Flu. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I took mucinex for a couple of day as I had a very bad cold, now I have my period and woke up with an on and off womb pain.
More related studies for: Mucinex, Rebound effect
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.