Review: could Multivitamin cause Bad breath (Breath odor)?
Summary: Bad breath is reported only by a few people who take Multivitamin.
We study 7,961 people who have side effects while taking Multivitamin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Bad breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Bad breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Bad breath >>>
Multivitamin has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from 9,055 Multivitamin users)
Bad breath has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, high blood cholesterol, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 487 Bad breath patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 7,961 people reported to have side effects when taking Multivitamin. Among them, 2 people (0.03%) have Bad Breath.
Time on Multivitamin when people have Bad breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bad breath||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Bad breath when taking Multivitamin * :
|Bad breath||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Bad breath when taking Multivitamin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bad breath||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bad breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bad breath||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Adhd (1 people, 50.00%)
- Seasonal affective disorder (1 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 50.00%)
- General physical condition (1 people, 50.00%)
- Increased appetite (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Calcium (2 people, 100.00%)
- Strattera (1 people, 50.00%)
- Wellbutrin xl (1 people, 50.00%)
- Adderall 20 (1 people, 50.00%)
- Prozac (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bad Breath while taking Multivitamin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Bad Breath
- support group for people who take Multivitamin
- support group for people who have Bad Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Garlic, Niacin, Milk Thistle, Acidophilus, Magnesium, Multivitamin, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Foradil, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 73-year old man with Health, Liver Function Tests, Digestive Health, General Health, Generalhealth, Copd, Hypertension. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour, Zyrtec, Mirena, Lipitor for a 40-year old woman with Vitamins, Fluid In Middle Ear, Allergies, Contraception, High Blood Cholesterol.
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Fluoxetine for a 44-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Depression. The patient has Fear Of Needles
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Calcium Gluceptate, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Claritin Reditabs, Combivent, Breo Ellipta, Xanax for a 77-year old woman with Depression, General Physical Health Deterioration, Enzyme Supplementation, Osteoporosis And Aging, Copd, Runny Nose, Anxiety. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Ferrous Fumarate, Multivitamin, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Effexor Xr, Maxalt-mlt, Ibuprofen, Estrogel, Progesterone, Veramyst, Singulair, Spiriva, Aspirin, Atenolol, Ranolazine for a 53-year old woman with Vaginal Yeast Infection, Restless Leg Syndrome, General Physical Health Deterioration, Sinusitis Bacterial, Depression Postmenopausal, Migraine Without Aura, Headache, Menopause, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma Late Onset, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Non-cardiac Chest Pain. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Bacterial Rhinitis, Stress Incontinence, Tingling And Numbness, Hypoglycaemia
Recent Multivitamin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Aspirin, Caffeine, Omeprazole, Fluconazole for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of Centrum, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 25-year old man who has Energy Increased
- Comparions of Vitamins, Lyrica for a 62-year old man who has Neurological Symptom
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.