Review: could Multivitamin cause Drowsiness?
Summary: Drowsiness is found among people who take Multivitamin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 7,874 people who have side effects while taking Multivitamin from FDA and social media. Among them, 146 have Drowsiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Drowsiness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Drowsiness >>>
Multivitamin has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in general physical condition abnormal. (latest outcomes from Multivitamin 8,969 users)
Drowsiness has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Drowsiness 68,687 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 7,874 people reported to have side effects when taking Multivitamin. Among them, 146 people (1.85%) have Drowsiness.
Time on Multivitamin when people have Drowsiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Multivitamin * :
Severity of Drowsiness when taking Multivitamin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Drowsiness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (22 people, 15.07%)
- Bone density abnormal (16 people, 10.96%)
- Depression (12 people, 8.22%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 6.85%)
- Hypertension (9 people, 6.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (43 people, 29.45%)
- Calcium (28 people, 19.18%)
- Synthroid (28 people, 19.18%)
- Zometa (26 people, 17.81%)
- Lasix (25 people, 17.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drowsiness while taking Multivitamin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Drowsiness
- support group for people who take Multivitamin
- support group for people who have Drowsiness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What are the side effects of catuaba/golden trumpet? is it truly for man only? does it really help with physical and mental fatigue?
On going, gradual forgetfulness for over 10 years. Concentration is moderate,but memory is very poor. Day time sleepiness is always an issue. No brain tumor, no dementia,nor any other neurological dysfunctions.
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming on. Since the Meclizine didn't make me sleepy the first time but instead had the opposite effect, I thought it would be ok to take it (this was an evening event with a meal). After eating, I began to get very sleepy and my face almost fell in my plate.
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid dreams that carry over when she awakens, or if she wakes up and sees visions. I do not want to change her meds, if possible. This combination of Aricept, Namenda and Lexapro have allowed her to be sharper mentally than she has in a number of years. Except for the hallucinations, it's been nothing short of amazing. Please help. Thank you
- Why isnt the sodium content listed in centrum silver?...most of the ingredients contain sodium.!, my blood pressure went up when i started taking these, after about 10 days. (2 answers)
Sodium is a very important component.....it must be very high or they would list it!!
More questions for: Multivitamin, Drowsiness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year period I was sinking into somnolence. On some days I simply didn't bother with the drug, because I felt it was ineffective, but on others I followed doctor's orders. Thus my condition varied depending on whether I'd actually ingested the drug. My condition came to a crisis when my husband called me from work, and found me incoherent. He took me to the ER, but I remember nothing about it. Apparently I was pleasant during admission, but clearly confused (I thought we had two presidents -- probably conflating George Bush with George W. Bush.) By the time doctors saw me, I was comatose. The physicians suspected morphine intoxication, as I was a chronic-pain patient. They didn't know what to do and thought I was dying. My husband told them the name of my pain- management doctor, who immediately diagnosed the problem. My kidneys were shutting down. He pointed to my creatines, which were off the chart. He told the other doctors to hydrate me fully, and leave me alone -- that I would be fine. I awoke about 10 hours later in intensive care. A nurse asked me if I knew where I was, and I replied I knew I was in the hospital but didn't know why. I was discharged the next morning, and had no lasting effects from the drug.
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and unable to walk without feeling so dizzy and unable to walk straight that I was fearful I would fall without assistance. Halo affect in front of my eyes and unable physically to do anything. Just wanted to sleep and lie down. Not depressed but my body just did not want to function and could not function when I stood up. Very scary. Hoping will be gone after 48 hours.
- Down syndrome son put on high dose of vitamen d and z-pak reactions below
every time i give my son his dose once a week he flipped into a seizure...and has diarrhea for three days accompanied by a yeast rash i told his GI and they disregard it so i took him off that high dose and went to the recommended dose of 2000iu from the institute of medicine so far so good. he was give the z-pak has bad diarrhea, not drinking very much for two days swollen hands and fingers beat red in color called doctor said he having reaction keep watch on him.
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to stomach alcohol and had to quit....or had other reactions to gemfibrozil and alcohol use. My depression is becoming severe. I have life changes as well, so I can't figure if it is the drug. Had to take it as my triglycerides were over 900. They are now down to 250. Thanks
More reviews for: Multivitamin, Drowsiness
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- In February 2014, I broke my left distal fibula cleanly so did not require surgery. Now 10 months in and bone still is not fully healed. My Orthopeadic doctor asked if I have osteoporosis. I have no history of osteoporosis personally nor within my family history. Am seriously concerned that my m ...
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- I stopped drugs and my severe pain in tooth started to heal gradually though not completly.i was taking it from past 15 days and my tooth pain was so severe that I was suggested to have 4 root canals.i didn't find it wise idea and stopped these vitamin tablets.still I am not completly cured.seeking ...
- Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
More related studies for: Multivitamin, Drowsiness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.