Review: could Multivitamin cause Hepatotoxicity?
Summary: Hepatotoxicity is found among people who take Multivitamin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Diovan, and have Congenital cystic kidney disease.
We study 7,950 people who have side effects while taking Multivitamin from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Hepatotoxicity. Find out below who they are, when they have Hepatotoxicity and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Hepatotoxicity >>>
Multivitamin has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in general physical condition abnormal. (latest outcomes from 9,041 Multivitamin users)
Hepatotoxicity (chemical-driven liver damage) has been reported by people with hiv infection, pain, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 7,111 Hepatotoxicity patients)
On Mar, 23, 2015: 7,950 people reported to have side effects when taking Multivitamin. Among them, 9 people (0.11%) have Hepatotoxicity.
Time on Multivitamin when people have Hepatotoxicity * :
Age of people who have Hepatotoxicity when taking Multivitamin * :
Severity of Hepatotoxicity when taking Multivitamin ** :
How people recovered from Hepatotoxicity ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Congenital cystic kidney disease (3 people, 33.33%)
- Congenital renal disorder (2 people, 22.22%)
- Discomfort (2 people, 22.22%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 22.22%)
- Pulmonary hypertension (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diovan (5 people, 55.56%)
- Zetia (5 people, 55.56%)
- Osteo-bioflex (4 people, 44.44%)
- Verelan (4 people, 44.44%)
- Lorazepam (3 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of multivitamin and hepatotoxicity on
Do you have Hepatotoxicity while taking Multivitamin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Hepatotoxicity
- support group for people who take Multivitamin
- support group for people who have Hepatotoxicity
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Multivitamin, Tri-linyah, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa, Adderall 30 for a 31-year old woman with Enteral Nutrition, Birth Control, Hypertension, Ocd, Adhd. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Multivitamin, Baby Aspirin, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Mirtazapine, Seroquel, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 73-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Supplement, Preventative, Hypothyroidism, Depression, Appetite Stimulant, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Ruptured Cerebral Aneurysm
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Nexium, Excedrin, Ibuprofen, Centrum, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gemfibrozil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Alprazolam for a 46-year old man with Allergies, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Acid Reflux, Headache, Pain, Vitamin D, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Depression, General Pain And Fatigue, Catecholamines, Accessory Spleen, Left Ear Infections - Four Surgeries, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Hydroxyzine, Pravastatin Sodium, Dapsone, Stribild for a 43-year old woman with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Itching, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Opportunistic Infection, Hiv. The patient has Lumbar Pain, Impaired Memory, Chills, Cold Intolerance
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Cinnamon, Simvastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 63-year old woman with General Health, Blood Glucose, Hypercholesterolemia, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Blood Glucose Increased
Recent Multivitamin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Flaxseed Oil for a 69-year old man who has Surgery
- Comparions of Centrum, Calcium Lactate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 38-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Vitamins, Klonopin, Prozac for a 46-year old man who has Mood Swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.