Review: could Multivitamin cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Multivitamin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 7,950 people who have side effects while taking Multivitamin from FDA and social media. Among them, 257 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Insomnia >>>
Multivitamin has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in general physical condition abnormal. (latest outcomes from 9,041 Multivitamin users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 143,951 Insomnia patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 7,934 people reported to have side effects when taking Multivitamin. Among them, 266 people (3.35%) have Insomnia.
Time on Multivitamin when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Multivitamin * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Multivitamin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (38 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (27 people, 10.15%)
- Anxiety (26 people, 9.77%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 7.14%)
- Depression (18 people, 6.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (87 people, 32.71%)
- Zometa (76 people, 28.57%)
- Vitamin d (71 people, 26.69%)
- Aredia (55 people, 20.68%)
- Calcium (49 people, 18.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of multivitamin and insomnia on
Do you have Insomnia while taking Multivitamin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Multivitamin
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 82-year old man with Melanin. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Cymbalta, Glumetza for a 60-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Thyroid Cancer - Papillary Carcinoma, Pain - Back, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Insomnia, Hip Pain, Back Pain
Recent Multivitamin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Flaxseed Oil for a 69-year old man who has Surgery
- Comparions of Centrum, Calcium Lactate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 38-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Vitamins, Klonopin, Prozac for a 46-year old man who has Mood Swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.