Review: could Multivitamin cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Multivitamin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 7,961 people who have side effects while taking Multivitamin from FDA and social media. Among them, 257 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Insomnia >>>
Multivitamin has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from 9,055 Multivitamin users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 144,028 Insomnia patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 7,950 people reported to have side effects when taking Multivitamin. Among them, 266 people (3.35%) have Insomnia.
Time on Multivitamin when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Multivitamin * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Multivitamin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (38 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (27 people, 10.15%)
- Anxiety (26 people, 9.77%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 7.14%)
- Depression (18 people, 6.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (87 people, 32.71%)
- Zometa (76 people, 28.57%)
- Vitamin d (71 people, 26.69%)
- Aredia (55 people, 20.68%)
- Calcium (49 people, 18.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of multivitamin and insomnia on
Do you have Insomnia while taking Multivitamin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Multivitamin
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Prednisolone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Valsartan for a 64-year old woman with Glaucoma, Retinal Detachment, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of side effects of Diamox for a 38-year old woman with Ih. The patient has Intranasal Numbness, Tiredness, Muscle Cramps, Shortness Of Breath, Kidney Palpable, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Keppra for a 19-year old boy with Sleep Disorder, Hyperactivity, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperactivity, Erythromelalgia
Recent Multivitamin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamins, Lyrica for a 62-year old man who has Neurological Symptom
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Flaxseed Oil for a 69-year old man who has Surgery
- Comparions of Centrum, Calcium Lactate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 38-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.