Review: could Multivitamin cause Shortness of breath?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.1/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 7,787 people who take Multivitamin. Among them, 497 have Shortness of breath. See who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Multivitamin (latest outcomes from 8,726 users) has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in general physical condition abnormal, vitamin supplementation. Commonly reported side effects of Multivitamin include fatigue, fatigue aggravated, nausea, nausea aggravated, pain relief by acupuncture.
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath (latest reports from 1,325,539 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
On Mar, 2, 2014: 7,383 people reported to have side effects when taking Multivitamin. Among them, 497 people (6.73%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Multivitamin when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||26.32%||5.26%||5.26%||10.53%||31.58%||21.05% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Multivitamin * :
|Shortness of breath||0.21%||0.00%||0.43%||2.34%||7.23%||11.70%||15.96%||62.13% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Multivitamin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||4.76%||76.19%||19.05%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||7.14%||7.14%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (60 people, 12.07%)
- Multiple myeloma (56 people, 11.27%)
- Hypertension (46 people, 9.26%)
- Anxiety (32 people, 6.44%)
- Blood cholesterol (28 people, 5.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (200 people, 40.24%)
- Zometa (124 people, 24.95%)
- Folic acid (98 people, 19.72%)
- Lipitor (97 people, 19.52%)
- Lasix (84 people, 16.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Multivitamin, Shortness of breath
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Multivitamin (ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e) is often used for general physical condition abnormal. Find out below the conditions Multivitamin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Multivitamin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Multivitamin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Multivitamin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
Mild leg pain in leg that has recovered from severe blood clotting. Pain occurred after three long car trips (1.5 - 4 hours) in one week. Symptoms are similar to those from past when on coumadin, and INR would be low.
From this study (5 months ago):
diagnosed with probable narrow angle glaucoma yesterday
sustained slip and fall injury to ulna nerve hand, arm, shoulder, back
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Multivitamin, Shortness of breath
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Multivitamin, Shortness of breath
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrodiuril, Reclast, Psyllium Husk, Multivitamin, Calcium-D Glucarate, Aspirin, Naproxen, Lisinopril, Prilosec, Pradaxa for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Osteoporosis, Constipation, Health, Atrial Flutter, Arthritis, Acid Reflux. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy (Dizziness), Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Device Blockage
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Guarana, L-Carnitine Fumarate, Multivitamin, Fluoxetine, Synthroid, Xarelto for a patient with Dry Eye, Energy Increased, Energy Preservation, Pmdd, Hypothyroidism, Factor V Leiden Mutation. The patient has Breathlessness (Breathing difficulty), Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamins, Epipen, Atorvastatin Calcium, Zetia, Alprazolam, Amlodipine Besylate, Atenolol, Ventolin Hfa, Advair Diskus 500/50, Albuterol Sulfate, Tudorza Pressair for a patient with Cramping, Osteoporosis, Health, Allergy Prophylaxis, High Blood Cholesterol, Depressed Mood, Hypertension, Copd. The patient has Recurrent Limb Pain, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping (Blockage of leg arteries), Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling), Pain In Limb, Edema (Swelling), Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Drug Allergies, Multiple Allergies, Asthma, Emphysema, Wheezing Aggravated, Osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia, Fast Pulse Rate, Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Copd (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
More related studies for: Multivitamin, Shortness of breath
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.