Review: could Multivitamin cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Multivitamin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 7,950 people who have side effects while taking Multivitamin from FDA and social media. Among them, 502 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Shortness of breath >>>
Multivitamin has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in general physical condition abnormal. (latest outcomes from 9,041 Multivitamin users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,466 Shortness of breath patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 7,934 people reported to have side effects when taking Multivitamin. Among them, 502 people (6.33%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Multivitamin when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||20.83%||4.17%||4.17%||20.83%||29.17%||20.83% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Multivitamin * :
|Shortness of breath||0.21%||0.00%||0.42%||2.32%||7.16%||11.58%||16.21%||62.11% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Multivitamin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||3.85%||76.92%||19.23%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||5.26%||10.53%||84.21% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (62 people, 12.35%)
- Multiple myeloma (56 people, 11.16%)
- Hypertension (46 people, 9.16%)
- Anxiety (32 people, 6.37%)
- Blood cholesterol (28 people, 5.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (201 people, 40.04%)
- Zometa (124 people, 24.70%)
- Folic acid (98 people, 19.52%)
- Lipitor (97 people, 19.32%)
- Lasix (84 people, 16.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of multivitamin and shortness of breath on
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Multivitamin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Multivitamin and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Multivitamin
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Brilinta for a 74-year old man with Heart Attack. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Buspar for a 29-year old woman with Aniexty. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Cefdinir for a 55-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
Recent Multivitamin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Flaxseed Oil for a 69-year old man who has Surgery
- Comparions of Centrum, Calcium Lactate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 38-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Vitamins, Klonopin, Prozac for a 46-year old man who has Mood Swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.