Mupirocin and Hepatomegaly - from FDA reports
Hepatomegaly is found among people who take Mupirocin, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old also take medication Cephalexin, and have Eczema. This review analyzes which people have Hepatomegaly with Mupirocin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,234 people who have side effects when taking Mupirocin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
1,234 people reported to have side effects when taking Mupirocin.
Among them, 17 people (1.38%) have Hepatomegaly
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hepatomegaly when taking Mupirocin *:
- female: 76.47 %
- male: 23.53 %
Age of people who have Hepatomegaly when taking Mupirocin *:
- 0-1: 5.88 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 64.71 %
- 30-39: 11.76 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 17.65 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Eczema (11 people, 64.71%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (2 people, 11.76%)
- Hypercalcaemia (2 people, 11.76%)
- Breast Cancer (2 people, 11.76%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (1 person, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Neulasta (13 people, 76.47%)
- Methylprednisolone (13 people, 76.47%)
- Cephalexin (13 people, 76.47%)
- Cordran (11 people, 64.71%)
- Ativan (11 people, 64.71%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Night Sweats (12 people, 70.59%)
- Head Injury (12 people, 70.59%)
- Hand Fracture (12 people, 70.59%)
- Keloids (11 people, 64.71%)
- Hair Loss (11 people, 64.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hepatomegaly when taking Mupirocin?
- Check symptoms - is hepatomegaly caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHepatomegaly and drugs with ingredients of mupirocin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHepatomegaly and Mupirocin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mupirocin has active ingredients of mupirocin. (latest outcomes from Mupirocin 1,282 users)
Hepatomegaly (abnormal enlargement of the liver) has been reported by people with hiv infection, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 13,699 Hepatomegaly patients).
Browse all side effects of Mupirocina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HepatomegalyHepatomegaly
Could your condition cause HepatomegalyHepatomegaly
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
I was prescribed Mupirocin for acne. I used the medication for one week. I have a new onset of anxiety that I have never experienced before. Is this a common side effect and how long does it take for the symptoms to go away.
Enlargement of liver. Elevated enzymes. Some pain in liver. Took Lipitor many years after heart attack. Quit taking drug quit drinking and stopped other supplements to give liver break. Cholesterol levels went up. Began Lipitor again a few days ago now have pain along rib cage. Suspect it's from ...
I was prescribed these two(mupirocin and desoximetasone) medicines for a suspected fungus on my hands, that we think I got from my feet. I'm interested in how to apply both medicines to the affected area the best practice for the best results. Greg