Home > N-acetyl-l-cysteine > Serotonin syndrome > N-acetyl-l-cysteine and Serotonin syndrome
Review: could N-acetyl-l-cysteine cause Serotonin syndrome?
We study 13 people who have side effects while taking N-acetyl-l-cysteine from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Serotonin syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take N-acetyl-l-cysteine and have Serotonin syndrome >>>
N-acetyl-l-cysteine (latest outcomes from 17 users) has active ingredients of n - acetyl cysteine.
Serotonin syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time) (latest reports from 34,547 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, major depression, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 29, 2014: No report is found
Do you have Serotonin Syndrome while taking N-acetyl-l-cysteine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take N-acetyl-l-cysteine
- support group for people who have Serotonin Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Better suggestion of treatment and overall thoughts on these supplements
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Liver Fatty, High Density Lipoprotein, and takes Trimethyl Glycine, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Acetylcysteine, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, MSM, L-Cysteine HCl, Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, Para - Aminobenzoic Acid (paba), Lutein, Niacin, Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Chromium Picolinate, Probiotics, Multivitamin)
Taking OTC Supplements (listed individual ingredients ) instead of product names.
More questions for: N-acetyl-l-cysteine, Serotonin syndrome
More reviews for: N-acetyl-l-cysteine, Serotonin syndrome
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Chronic Pain. The patient has Serotonin Syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time)
Comments: elevated heart rate and palpitation, using Colona pin to relax and slow heart beat not working
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ranitidine, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, N - Acetyl Cysteine, Dulera for a patient with Dyspnea, Gerd, Hay Fever, Copd, Back Pain - Nonspecific. The patient has Dyspnea
Comments: was much worse at onset / diagnosis copd, could not walk a block or up stairs.
after 3 years much smoking cesation and 25 lb weight loss and steadily increasing exercise load, I have much less dyspnea, no obstruction found (DX changed to nonspecific pulmonary defect) but still have subnormal FEV # ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cholestyramine, Alpha-Lipoic Acid Extract, CoQ-10, Malarone, Artemisia, Horse Chestnut, DHA, Enzyme Therapy, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Probiotics, Magnesium Oxide, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, Same, L-methylfolate, Albenza, Promethazine, Mepron, Stromectol, Flagyl, Bactrim, Doxycycline, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Tramadol, Klonopin, Vyvanse for a patient with Lyme, Lyme, Bartonellosis, Lyme Related Gi, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Parasitic Infection, Nausea And Vomiting, Babesiosis (co-infection Of Lyme), Parasitic Infection, Skin Atrophy Due To Late-stage Lyme, Neuroborreliosis, Depression - Diseased Induced, Pain, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has
Comments: Do not take all drugs listed at same time. Am on "pulse therapy" with antimacrobials. Do not take coq10 when on Mepron/malarone. Take Florastor probiotic 2x's a day to fight c.diff & other probiotics. Also take FiberSmart, DigestSmart, & slippery elm, marshmallow root for GI regularity. Drink at ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Curcumin, NAC, Niacin, Potassium Citrate, Chromium, Vitamin C, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Ubiquinol, Calcium Citrate, Magnesium, Garlic Oil, Iodine, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, B Complex Vitamin, Natural DHEA, Vitamin D, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Chondroitin, Glucosamine HCl for a patient with Hypertension, General Physical Condition, Arthritis, Hypercholesterolaemia, Osteoporosis. The patient has Pain
Comments: Numbness, bruise like pain, tingling, sometimes like multiple needle pricks
- A study of drug interactions between Flagyl, Azithromycin, Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Amoxicillin, Xenical, Chia Seed, R-lipoic Acid, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, A-Beta-Carotene, B Complex Vitamin, Ginkgo Biloba, Milk Thistle, Lutein, Quercetin-3-rutinoside, Rutin, Magnesium Malate, Spirulina Blue-green Algae, Curcumin, CoQ-10, Chanca Piedra, Ribose, Yam, Chlorella, Fluconazole, Vivitrol, Garlic, NAC, Natural DHEA, Zyrtec, Theo-dur, Olmetec for a patient with Candidiasis, Borreliosis, Helicobacter Pylori Antibody Positive, Central Obesity, Fatigue - Chronic, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cognitive Deterioration, Immune Response, Hot Flashes, Constipation, Pain, Hormone Level Abnormal, Allergy To Chemicals, Asthma, Hypertension. The patient has Pain - Joints, Disturbance In Attention, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Obesity, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Fatigue, Nausea, Chest Pain
Comments: It is too many symptoms to list. The mentioned are the symptoms I have right now.
More related studies for: N-acetyl-l-cysteine, Serotonin syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.