Review: could Namenda cause Alcohol interaction?
Summary: Alcohol interaction is reported only by a few people who take Namenda.
We study 6,840 people who have side effects while taking Namenda from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Alcohol interaction. Find out below who they are, when they have Alcohol interaction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Namenda and have Alcohol interaction >>>
Namenda has active ingredients of memantine hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from Namenda 7,212 users)
Alcohol interaction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, personality disorder.(latest reports from Alcohol interaction 1,000 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 6,838 people reported to have side effects when taking Namenda. Among them, 3 people (0.04%) have Alcohol Interaction.
Time on Namenda when people have Alcohol interaction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Alcohol interaction||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Namenda * :
|Alcohol interaction||44.44%||55.56% |
Age of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Namenda * :
|Alcohol interaction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Alcohol interaction when taking Namenda ** :
How people recovered from Alcohol interaction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Amnesia (3 people, 100.00%)
- Dementia (3 people, 100.00%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (3 people, 100.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 100.00%)
- Atenolol (3 people, 100.00%)
- Plavix (3 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alcohol Interaction while taking Namenda?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Namenda and have Alcohol Interaction
- support group for people who take Namenda
- support group for people who have Alcohol Interaction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid dreams that carry over when she awakens, or if she wakes up and sees visions. I do not want to change her meds, if possible. This combination of Aricept, Namenda and Lexapro have allowed her to be sharper mentally than she has in a number of years. Except for the hallucinations, it's been nothing short of amazing. Please help. Thank you
- Is there any data to suggest that patients with parathyroidectomy are less prone to alzheimer's disease? no such study?
My wife has a cousin who had a parathyroidectomy to remove a cancer and thinks that it's the reason why he, alone in his extended family, has not developed Alzheimer's. I know hyperparath can cause dementia sometimes confused w. A.D, but a follow up study on parathyroidectomy patients might reveal unexpected findings.
- Accutane could cause alteration of chromosone 6 resulting in hla b27 antigen (3 answers)
Start taking Accutane 1982 first experimental group
Note of symptoms start of early menopause age 42
Herpes simplex blisters due to heat
Daughter started Accutane at 16 when I was experiencing my menopause symptoms and coincidentally her symptoms were the same symptoms I was having during menopause
- Can synthroid be taken with any of the drugs listed?
My mother takes 9 drugs one of which is Synthroid. We are trying to spread out the amount of pills taken daily (A.M Noon Evening and bedtime) so she isn't taking four or more at a time.
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at times. They do not speak, just usually stand there. My doctor recently added abilify to my medications to help with my depression and hallucinations.
However I am now having problems sleeping, my hallucinations have increased, & I feel more paranoid/scared.
Can abilify cause hallucinations? My doctor says that it doesn't.
More questions for: Namenda, Alcohol interaction
More reviews for: Namenda, Alcohol interaction
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- I am wondering if my mother's 2 years of taking Methatrexate about 3 years ago, could be causing a thyroid problem that is making her back and skeletal structure be in severe pain. Also her dementia is worsening
- Depression diagnosed first, and eventually identified as cyclothymia. Arthritis second. Hypothyroid and high cholesterol next. Headaches resolved with menopause, but have come back. Allergic reactions to unknown things about same time as headaches.
- If i have a glass of wine or alchol I have pain near chest bone and my system does not seem to process the alchol as well since having my thyroid removed and
being on synthroid. I was pulled over and charged with a dui after consuming
2 glasses of white wine and 2 glasses of water within almost ...
- Recurring Vasovagal Episodes (4 times in 4 years) during bowel/intestinal pain and evacuatiom related to moderate to severe constipation. After 4th time, Bradycardia issues continue past the first 24 hours period after episode.
More related studies for: Namenda, Alcohol interaction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.