Review: could Namenda cause Alcohol interaction?
Summary: Alcohol interaction is reported only by a few people who take Namenda.
We study 6,849 people who have side effects while taking Namenda from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Alcohol interaction. Find out below who they are, when they have Alcohol interaction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Namenda and have Alcohol interaction >>>
Namenda has active ingredients of memantine hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from 7,222 Namenda users)
Alcohol interaction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, personality disorder. (latest reports from 1,000 Alcohol interaction patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 6,849 people reported to have side effects when taking Namenda. Among them, 3 people (0.04%) have Alcohol Interaction.
Time on Namenda when people have Alcohol interaction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Alcohol interaction||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Namenda * :
|Alcohol interaction||44.44%||55.56% |
Age of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Namenda * :
|Alcohol interaction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Alcohol interaction when taking Namenda ** :
How people recovered from Alcohol interaction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Amnesia (3 people, 100.00%)
- Dementia (3 people, 100.00%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (3 people, 100.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 100.00%)
- Atenolol (3 people, 100.00%)
- Plavix (3 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of namenda and alcohol interaction on
Do you have Alcohol Interaction while taking Namenda?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Namenda and have Alcohol Interaction
- support group for people who take Namenda
- support group for people who have Alcohol Interaction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Lyrica, Namenda for a 53-year old man with Sunct Syndrome. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Aricept, Namenda for a 84-year old woman with Alzheimer's Disease. The patient has Hallucination, Visual
- A study of drug interactions between Gilenya, Vitamin D, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Donepezil, Namenda, Seroquel, Topamax, Plaquenil for a 46-year old woman with RRMS, Bipolar I Disorder, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Soluble Fiber, Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Melatonin, Namenda, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Donepezil Hydrochloride for a 79-year old man with Diarrhoea Aggravated, Ankle Pain, Memory Aids, Sleep Aid, Lewy Body Dementia, Hypertension, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Impaired Memory. The patient has Sleepy - Naps 5-6hrs Per Day, Diarrhoea Aggravated, Lewy Body Dementia
- A study of drug interactions between Trileptal, Namenda, Humira, Exelon for a 73-year old woman with Anxiety, Cognitive Deterioration, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Gastroparesis
Recent Namenda related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Namenda, Aricept for a 62-year old woman who has Post Concussion Syndrome
- Comparions of Amlodipine, Namenda, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Donepezil, Effexor Xr for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Azilect, Namenda, Aricept for a 78-year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Abilify, Namenda, Aricept for a 76-year old man who has Lewy Body Dementia
- Comparions of Namenda Xr, Celexa, Nexium for a 88-year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.