Namenda and Alcohol interaction - from FDA reports
Alcohol interaction is reported only by a few people who take Namenda. We study 9,658 people who have side effects while taking Namenda from FDA. Among them, 4 have Alcohol interaction. Find out below who they are, when they have Alcohol interaction and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
9,658 people reported to have side effects when taking Namenda.
Among them, 4 people (0.04%) have Alcohol interaction
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Namenda when people have Alcohol interaction *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Namenda *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Namenda *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (1 person, 25.00%)
- Fever (1 person, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prilosec (1 person, 25.00%)
- Plavix (1 person, 25.00%)
- Atenolol (1 person, 25.00%)
- Aspirin (1 person, 25.00%)
- Advil (1 person, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (2 people, 50.00%)
- Stomach Discomfort (1 person, 25.00%)
- Irritability (1 person, 25.00%)
- Insomnia (1 person, 25.00%)
- Confusional State (1 person, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Alcohol interaction when taking Namenda?
- Check symptoms - is alcohol interaction caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAlcohol interaction and drugs with ingredients of memantine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAlcohol interaction and Namenda from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Namenda has active ingredients of memantine hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from Namenda 10,383 users)
Alcohol interaction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, insomnia (latest reports from 1,446 Alcohol interaction patients).
Browse all side effects of Namendaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Alcohol interactionAlcohol interaction
Could your condition cause Alcohol interactionAlcohol interaction
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi All, A stroke in 2008 has left tone/spasticity in my right elbow and ankle. A neighbor also suffered a stroke that left him with severe tone as well but his neurologist prescribed Namenda and this has relieved almost all of his muscle issues, he has nearly complete mobility. Has anyone ...
patient diagnosed with alzheimers since 2004.she recently developed the awake bruxism. I just began giving her 10 mg of buspirone. it appears to be somewhat effective but not quite as I expected. from reading I've seen that galatamine helps.