Review: could Namenda cause Confusion?
Summary: Confusion is found among people who take Namenda, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aricept, and have Dementia alzheimer's type.
We study 6,840 people who have side effects while taking Namenda from FDA and social media. Among them, 114 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Namenda and have Confusion >>>
Namenda has active ingredients of memantine hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from Namenda 7,212 users)
Confusion has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Confusion 36,429 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 6,838 people reported to have side effects when taking Namenda. Among them, 119 people (1.74%) have Confusion.
Time on Namenda when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Namenda * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Namenda * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Namenda ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (56 people, 47.06%)
- Dementia (39 people, 32.77%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (25 people, 21.01%)
- Depression (14 people, 11.76%)
- Amnesia (9 people, 7.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aricept (76 people, 63.87%)
- Lipitor (46 people, 38.66%)
- Aspirin (36 people, 30.25%)
- Fosamax (32 people, 26.89%)
- Cozaar (30 people, 25.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Confusion while taking Namenda?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Namenda and have Confusion
- support group for people who take Namenda
- support group for people who have Confusion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Is there any data to suggest that patients with parathyroidectomy are less prone to alzheimer's disease? no such study?
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Hyperthyroidism And Alzheimer's, and takes Namenda Xr)
My wife has a cousin who had a parathyroidectomy to remove a cancer and thinks that it's the reason why he, alone in his extended family, has not developed Alzheimer's. I know hyperparath can cause dementia sometimes confused w. A.D, but a follow up study on parathyroidectomy patients might reveal ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- What are the symptoms of withdraw from depo estrace injections
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Chest Wall Pain, Confusion, and takes Depo-estradiol)
I want to know what kind of withdraw effects to expect with this drug. Been on it awhile and think I need to get off.
- Accutane could cause alteration of chromosone 6 resulting in hla b27 antigen (3 answers)
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis, and takes Methotrexate, Celebrex, Memantine Hydrochloride)
Start taking Accutane 1982 first experimental group
Note of symptoms start of early menopause age 42
Herpes simplex blisters due to heat
Daughter started Accutane at 16 when I was experiencing my menopause ...
More questions for: Namenda, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die (1 response)
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Bedwetting, Confusion, Bone And Joint Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression Suicidal, Backaches And Stress, and takes Xanax, Acetaminophen, Wellbutrin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- 57 year old male diagnosed with stage 2 hypertension
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Hopelessness, Anxiety, Confusion, Extreme Fatigue, and takes Lisinopril)
Started on 20mg once a day, I was working long hours so I'm not sure when the fatigue first started. At physical doctor thought the dosage should be doubled. In a few days the fatigue started to become overwhelming. I was having a hard time staying awake, not because I was drowsy but felt that we ...
More reviews for: Namenda, Confusion
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a patient with Allergies. The patient has Loss Of Coordination, Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places), Headache - Migraine Without Aura (common migraine), Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose), Excess Need For Sleep, Forgetfulness
Comments: Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Lomotil for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ibs. The patient has Slow Heart Beat, Peripheral Neuropathy, Confusion, Hyperreflexia
Comments: I just stopped taking lomotil, day two of four day wean. Very saddened to think this med is causing. Only thing so far that stopped my wattery diahrrea. I have sever IBS-D. I am very hyper sensitive, have been on meds since October 27, 2014.
Only thing they could rule out it was only thing new. Sa ...
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Namenda, Methotrexate for a patient with Aphasia, Pentothal. The patient has Pain - Back
Comments: I am wondering if my mother's 2 years of taking Methatrexate about 3 years ago, could be causing a thyroid problem that is making her back and skeletal structure be in severe pain. Also her dementia is worsening
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine Sulfate, Lisinopril, Diazepam, Abilify, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Pain In Limb, Hypertension, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression, Chronic Depression, Adhd. The patient has Disorientation, Hand Shaking, Double Vision
Comments: I started taking bupropion for depression 6 mos ago. A month ago I added paroxetine. About 2 wks ago I started Abilify at 1 mg/day. Several days after starting Abilify I developed diplopia so severe I could hardly drive. I stopped the Abilify 6 days ago and the diplopia and disorientation has improv ...
More related studies for: Namenda, Confusion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.