Review: could Namenda cause Confusion?
Summary: Confusion is found among people who take Namenda, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aricept, and have Dementia alzheimer's type.
We study 6,852 people who have side effects while taking Namenda from FDA and social media. Among them, 115 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusion and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Namenda and have Confusion >>>
Namenda has active ingredients of memantine hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from 7,225 Namenda users)
Confusion has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 36,491 Confusion patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 6,849 people reported to have side effects when taking Namenda. Among them, 120 people (1.75%) have Confusion.
Time on Namenda when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Namenda * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Namenda * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Namenda ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (56 people, 46.67%)
- Dementia (39 people, 32.50%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (25 people, 20.83%)
- Depression (14 people, 11.67%)
- Amnesia (9 people, 7.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aricept (76 people, 63.33%)
- Lipitor (46 people, 38.33%)
- Aspirin (36 people, 30.00%)
- Fosamax (32 people, 26.67%)
- Cozaar (30 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of namenda and confusion on
Do you have Confusion while taking Namenda?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Namenda and have Confusion
- support group for people who take Namenda
- support group for people who have Confusion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Hydroxyzine, Prednisone, Ortho Cyclen-28, Suboxone, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman with Otitis Media Chronic, Anxiety, Pregnancy, Addiction, Depression. The patient has Panic Attacks, Confusion Aggravated, Unhappy, Body Tinea
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 34-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Thinking - Unclear, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Progesterone for a 52-year old woman with Natural Dhea. The patient has Confusion
Recent Namenda related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Effexor, Namenda for a 63-year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease
- Comparions of Namenda, Aricept for a 62-year old woman who has Post Concussion Syndrome
- Comparions of Amlodipine, Namenda, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Donepezil, Effexor Xr for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Azilect, Namenda, Aricept for a 78-year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Abilify, Namenda, Aricept for a 76-year old man who has Lewy Body Dementia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.