Review: could Namenda cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Namenda, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Crestor, and have Dementia alzheimer's type.
We study 6,849 people who have side effects while taking Namenda from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Namenda and have Hair loss >>>
Namenda has active ingredients of memantine hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from 7,222 Namenda users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Hair loss patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 6,849 people reported to have side effects when taking Namenda. Among them, 9 people (0.13%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Namenda when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||83.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Namenda * :
|Hair loss||77.78%||22.22% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Namenda * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||3.70%||85.19% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Namenda ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (9 people, 100.00%)
- Dementia (5 people, 55.56%)
- Amnesia (4 people, 44.44%)
- Migraine (3 people, 33.33%)
- Frequent or urgent urination (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Crestor (9 people, 100.00%)
- Synthroid (8 people, 88.89%)
- Aricept (5 people, 55.56%)
- Macrodantin (5 people, 55.56%)
- Prilosec (5 people, 55.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of namenda and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Namenda?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Namenda and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Namenda
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Namenda Xr for a 74-year old man with Neurological Deficits - Focal, Neurologic Deficit. The patient has Has Begun To Have Heavy Nosebleeds
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 46-year old woman with RSD. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Depo-medrol, Ibuprofen, Prednisolone, Zorvolex, Esomeprazole Sodium, Tramadol, Zolpidem, Diazepam, Midazolam Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman with Orthopedic Pain - Articular Infiltration, Orthopedic Pain, Gastric Ph, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Hair Loss, Eosinophilic Pustular Foliculitis, Caries, Presbyopia
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Skelaxin, Ultram, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 54-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Back Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Namenda, Ginkgo Biloba, Niacin And Niacinamide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Patanol for a 76-year old woman with Nail Disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Allergy. The patient has Fatigue, Rash Generalised
Recent Namenda related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Effexor, Namenda for a 63-year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease
- Comparions of Namenda, Aricept for a 62-year old woman who has Post Concussion Syndrome
- Comparions of Amlodipine, Namenda, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Donepezil, Effexor Xr for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Azilect, Namenda, Aricept for a 78-year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Abilify, Namenda, Aricept for a 76-year old man who has Lewy Body Dementia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.