Home > Namenda > Hair loss > Namenda and Hair loss
Review: could Namenda cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Namenda, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Crestor, and have Dementia alzheimer's type.
We study 6,838 people who have side effects while taking Namenda from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Namenda and have Hair loss >>>
Namenda (latest outcomes from 7,209 users) has active ingredients of memantine hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,504 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 6,833 people reported to have side effects when taking Namenda. Among them, 8 people (0.12%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Namenda when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Namenda * :
|Hair loss||80.77%||19.23% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Namenda * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.54%||0.00%||88.46% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Namenda ** :
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (8 people, 100.00%)
- Dementia (5 people, 62.50%)
- Amnesia (4 people, 50.00%)
- Migraine (3 people, 37.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Crestor (8 people, 100.00%)
- Synthroid (7 people, 87.50%)
- Macrodantin (5 people, 62.50%)
- Detrol la (5 people, 62.50%)
- Prilosec (5 people, 62.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Namenda?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Namenda and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Namenda
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Is there any data to suggest that patients with parathyroidectomy are less prone to alzheimer's disease? no such study?
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Hyperthyroidism And Alzheimer's, and takes Namenda Xr)
My wife has a cousin who had a parathyroidectomy to remove a cancer and thinks that it's the reason why he, alone in his extended family, has not developed Alzheimer's. I know hyperparath can cause dementia sometimes confused w. A.D, but a follow up study on parathyroidectomy patients might reveal ...
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now i've stopped using it, but i lost hair in frontal region and i want to regrow it.
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Fluticasone Propionate)
What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking Fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now I've stopped using it, but I lost hair in frontal region and I want to regrow it.
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking xanax. i understand it has caused my hair loss. i once had very thick hair. now i'm almost bald. i'm stopping the xanax. now what??
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Loss Of Hair, and takes Xanax)
How can I get my hair to grow back if I stop xanax
More questions for: Namenda, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this dru ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Hair Loss, Depression, and takes Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate)
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Loss Of Hair, Loss Of Libido, Depressed Mood, Nausea, Visual Disturbance, Urticaria, Obstipation, and takes Morphine)
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
More reviews for: Namenda, Hair loss
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Imitrex, Maxalt, Topiramate, Namenda, Namenda Xr for a patient with Acoustic Neuroma, Complicated Migraine. The patient has Postoperative Dizziness, Nausea Postoperative, Headache Postoperative
Comments: I have been taking Namenda 20mg per day for about 10 months now for pain management of postoperative headache (I am extremely sound and motion sensitive after brain surgery to remove an Acoustic Neuroma). At first it was difficult to maintain clear speech and think clearly, but after about 6-7 mont ...
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Zomig, Zanaflex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Topamax, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Armour Thyroid for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Pain Management, Complicated Migraine, Muscle Spasms, Hypertension, Migraine Prophylaxis, Stress And Anxiety, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Hair Loss, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia - Hemolytic, Rash Macular, Weight Decreased, Abdominal Distension, Fecal Incontinence, Bile Duct Pressure Increased, Muscle Aches, Muscle Twitching, Numbness And Tingling, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Tachycardia Irregular, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Abdominal Neoplasm, Bone And Joint Pain, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine
Comments: Have constant pain in knees, feet, toes, hands, arms, neck and back. Cannot sleep because I wake up constantly with shooting pain in neck, feet, knees, including tingles and numbness. Left side is worse; includes some drooling and paralysis at times. History of colitis and recent IPIN neiplasms f ...
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Namenda for a patient with Parkinsonism. The patient has Parkinsonism
Comments: Has developed confusion in the evening between 6pm and 10 pm. Am taking namenda at 8 am and 6 pm. Taking donepezil and flomax at 8 pm. Have been taking namenda for 3 months. Since then speech has been lowered and muffled, mostly in the evening also. He is a little unsteady on his feet. Sometim ...
More related studies for: Namenda, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.