Namenda and Incontinence - from FDA reports
Incontinence is found among people who take Namenda, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aricept, and have Dementia alzheimer's type. This review analyzes which people have Incontinence with Namenda. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,428 people who have side effects when taking Namenda from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 30, 2017
9,428 people reported to have side effects when taking Namenda.
Among them, 38 people (0.4%) have Incontinence
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Namenda when people have Incontinence *:
- < 1 month: 42.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 57.14 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Incontinence when taking Namenda *:
- female: 56.76 %
- male: 43.24 %
Age of people who have Incontinence when taking Namenda *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 3.85 %
- 60+: 96.15 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (12 people, 31.58%)
- Dementia (7 people, 18.42%)
- Depression (5 people, 13.16%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 10.53%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (4 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aricept (19 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin D (7 people, 18.42%)
- Exelon (7 people, 18.42%)
- Zoloft (6 people, 15.79%)
- Lexapro (6 people, 15.79%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (14 people, 36.84%)
- Fall (10 people, 26.32%)
- Memory Loss (7 people, 18.42%)
- Gait Disturbance (7 people, 18.42%)
- Fatigue (7 people, 18.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Incontinence when taking Namenda?
Namenda has active ingredients of memantine hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from Namenda 10,150 users)
Incontinence (lack of moderation or self-control) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis (latest reports from 9,612 Incontinence patients).