Review: could Namenda cause Muscle cramp (Muscle cramps)?
Summary: Muscle cramp is found among people who take Namenda, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aricept, and have Dementia alzheimer's type.
We study 6,840 people who have side effects while taking Namenda from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Muscle cramp. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramp and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Namenda and have Muscle cramp >>>
Namenda has active ingredients of memantine hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from Namenda 7,212 users)
Muscle cramp (painful sensation caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.(latest reports from Muscle cramp 10,603 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 6,838 people reported to have side effects when taking Namenda. Among them, 8 people (0.12%) have Muscle Cramp.
Time on Namenda when people have Muscle cramp * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramp||93.75%||6.25%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Namenda * :
|Muscle cramp||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Namenda * :
|Muscle cramp||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Muscle cramp when taking Namenda ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramp||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramp ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (8 people, 100.00%)
- Amnesia (2 people, 25.00%)
- Allergen (1 people, 12.50%)
- Rapid heart beat (1 people, 12.50%)
- Memory impairment (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aricept (8 people, 100.00%)
- Zoloft (4 people, 50.00%)
- Wellbutrin (4 people, 50.00%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 37.50%)
- Amaryl (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramp while taking Namenda?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Namenda and have Muscle Cramp
- support group for people who take Namenda
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramp
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Is there any data to suggest that patients with parathyroidectomy are less prone to alzheimer's disease? no such study?
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Hyperthyroidism And Alzheimer's, and takes Namenda Xr)
My wife has a cousin who had a parathyroidectomy to remove a cancer and thinks that it's the reason why he, alone in his extended family, has not developed Alzheimer's. I know hyperparath can cause dementia sometimes confused w. A.D, but a follow up study on parathyroidectomy patients might reveal ...
- Accutane could cause alteration of chromosone 6 resulting in hla b27 antigen (3 answers)
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis, and takes Methotrexate, Celebrex, Memantine Hydrochloride)
Start taking Accutane 1982 first experimental group
Note of symptoms start of early menopause age 42
Herpes simplex blisters due to heat
Daughter started Accutane at 16 when I was experiencing my menopause ...
- Can synthroid be taken with any of the drugs listed?
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions, Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, and takes Razadyne, Namenda, Clopidogrel, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Pravastatin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Exforge)
My mother takes 9 drugs one of which is Synthroid. We are trying to spread out the amount of pills taken daily (A.M Noon Evening and bedtime) so she isn't taking four or more at a time.
More questions for: Namenda, Muscle cramp
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Hypertension Controlled, Cholesterol Controlled, and takes Aspirin, Lopid, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Allopurinol)
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
More reviews for: Namenda, Muscle cramp
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Namenda, Methotrexate for a patient with Aphasia, Pentothal. The patient has Pain - Back
Comments: I am wondering if my mother's 2 years of taking Methatrexate about 3 years ago, could be causing a thyroid problem that is making her back and skeletal structure be in severe pain. Also her dementia is worsening
- A study of drug interactions between Relpax, Ambien, Melatonin, Singulair, Ritalin, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Namenda Xr, Lamotrigine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Headaches, Insomnia, Chronic Insomnia, Allergy, Add, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Memory Impairment, Cyclothymic Disorder, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Frequent Headaches, Postnasal Drip
Comments: Depression diagnosed first, and eventually identified as cyclothymia. Arthritis second. Hypothyroid and high cholesterol next. Headaches resolved with menopause, but have come back. Allergic reactions to unknown things about same time as headaches.
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Krill Oil, Cymbalta, Effexor, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a patient with Pain - Back, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Pain, Stress And Anxiety, Psoriasis. The patient has Body Temperature, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Muscle Cramps, Blood Cholesterol, Muscle Pain, Vision Problems, Exhaustion, Weight Bearing Difficulty, Depression, Skin - Dry, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue - Chronic, Stress And Anxiety, Autoimmune Disorder
Comments: Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- A study of side effects of Symbicort for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: I think that I've just made the connection between muscle cramps in both feet, calf muscles, chest muscle, hands, upper arms and temples with starting on Symbicort a few months ago. Are there any alternative medications with the same effect on asthma related breathing problems.
More related studies for: Namenda, Muscle cramp
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.