Review: could Namenda cause Muscle cramp (Muscle cramps)?
Summary: Muscle cramp is found among people who take Namenda, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aricept, and have Dementia alzheimer's type.
We study 6,852 people who have side effects while taking Namenda from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Muscle cramp. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramp and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Namenda and have Muscle cramp >>>
Namenda has active ingredients of memantine hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from 7,226 Namenda users)
Muscle cramp (painful sensation caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 10,626 Muscle cramp patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 6,852 people reported to have side effects when taking Namenda. Among them, 8 people (0.12%) have Muscle Cramp.
Time on Namenda when people have Muscle cramp * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramp||93.75%||6.25%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Namenda * :
|Muscle cramp||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Namenda * :
|Muscle cramp||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Muscle cramp when taking Namenda ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramp||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramp ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (8 people, 100.00%)
- Amnesia (2 people, 25.00%)
- Allergen (1 people, 12.50%)
- Rapid heart beat (1 people, 12.50%)
- Memory impairment (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aricept (8 people, 100.00%)
- Zoloft (4 people, 50.00%)
- Wellbutrin (4 people, 50.00%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 37.50%)
- Amaryl (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of namenda and muscle cramp on
Do you have Muscle Cramp while taking Namenda?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Namenda and have Muscle Cramp
- support group for people who take Namenda
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramp
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 55-year old woman with Scleroderma. The patient has Muscle Cramps
- A study of side effects of Diamox for a 38-year old woman with Ih. The patient has Intranasal Numbness, Tiredness, Muscle Cramps, Shortness Of Breath, Kidney Palpable, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Namenda Xr for a 74-year old man with Neurological Deficits - Focal, Neurologic Deficit. The patient has Has Begun To Have Heavy Nosebleeds
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Namenda, Ginkgo Biloba, Niacin And Niacinamide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Patanol for a 76-year old woman with Nail Disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Allergy. The patient has Fatigue, Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Razadyne, Namenda for a 92-year old woman with Dementia Alzheimer's Type. The patient has Excessive Saliva
Recent Namenda related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Effexor, Namenda for a 63-year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease
- Comparions of Namenda, Aricept for a 62-year old woman who has Post Concussion Syndrome
- Comparions of Amlodipine, Namenda, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Donepezil, Effexor Xr for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Azilect, Namenda, Aricept for a 78-year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Abilify, Namenda, Aricept for a 76-year old man who has Lewy Body Dementia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.