Home > Naproxen > A-fib > Naproxen and A-fib
Review: could Naproxen cause A-fib (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: A-fib is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 20,474 people who have side effects while taking Naproxen from FDA and social media. Among them, 234 have A-fib. Find out below who they are, when they have A-fib and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Naproxen and have A-fib >>>
Naproxen (latest outcomes from 21,919 users) has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain.
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) (latest reports from 382,143 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 20,474 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen. Among them, 234 people (1.14%) have A-fib.
Time on Naproxen when people have A-fib * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Naproxen * :
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Naproxen * :
Severity of A-fib when taking Naproxen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from A-fib ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (95 people, 40.60%)
- Osteoarthritis (84 people, 35.90%)
- Prophylaxis (37 people, 15.81%)
- Hypertension (27 people, 11.54%)
- Renal failure acute (24 people, 10.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (111 people, 47.44%)
- Nexium (104 people, 44.44%)
- Blinded *placebo (99 people, 42.31%)
- Digoxin (84 people, 35.90%)
- Blinded celecoxib (80 people, 34.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have A-fib while taking Naproxen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Naproxen and have A-fib
- support group for people who take Naproxen
- support group for people who have A-fib
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Benadryl)
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- What can i do to lessen the diarrhea i get while taking naprosyn?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Sciatica, Si Joint Disease, and takes Naprosyn)
I am already using probiotics and trying to eat yogurt once a day. I also make sure to take medication on a full stomach.
More questions for: Naproxen, A-fib
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has A-fib)
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Stoke, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin)
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
More reviews for: Naproxen, A-fib
- A study of side effects of Naproxen for a patient with Neck Pain. The patient has Pain - Muscles (muscle pain)
Comments: I have lupus so had very bad neck and shoulder pain which vanished on naproxen. When I stopped taking it, I got severe muscle pain in my upper arms
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Wellbutrin Sr, Tenormin, Cardizem Cd for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Depression - Elderly, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Continue to have intermittent tachycardia/flutter
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Zantac 150, Lo/ovral, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Zoloft for a patient with Arthritis, Gerd, Hormonal Contraceptive, Tremor, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Depression, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Ibs, Pain
Comments: This list of symptoms is endless
Nausea vomiting sleep disorders anxiety disorders
So many symptoms with such little relief :(
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Vitamin D, Calcium, Balsalazide Disodium, Penicillin V Potassium, Naprosyn for a patient with Ulcerative Colitis, Calcium Absortion, Bone, Infection - Fungal - Body, Inflammation. The patient has
Comments: I have ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and an abnormal aortic valve(non serious).
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Sr, Naproxen, Aspirin for a patient with Bipolar 2, Migraine With Aura, Stroke Secondary To Cardiogenic Embolism. The patient has Insomnia, Localised Skin Reaction
Comments: Skin rash in The groin
More related studies for: Naproxen, A-fib
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (11 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (16 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (20 minutes ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (42 minutes ago)
- Lexapro for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (1 hour ago)