Naproxen and A-fib - from FDA reports
A-fib is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have A-fib with Naproxen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,228 people who have side effects when taking Naproxen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
40,228 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen.
Among them, 392 people (0.97%) have A-fib
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Naproxen when people have A-fib *:
- < 1 month: 27.78 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20.37 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.7 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.96 %
- 10+ years: 1.85 %
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Naproxen *:
- female: 48.92 %
- male: 51.08 %
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Naproxen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.32 %
- 20-29: 2.27 %
- 30-39: 0.32 %
- 40-49: 7.14 %
- 50-59: 15.26 %
- 60+: 74.68 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (61 people, 15.56%)
- Osteoarthritis (42 people, 10.71%)
- High Blood Pressure (32 people, 8.16%)
- Diabetes (26 people, 6.63%)
- Preventive Health Care (17 people, 4.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (103 people, 26.28%)
- Digoxin (83 people, 21.17%)
- Lasix (81 people, 20.66%)
- Furosemide (80 people, 20.41%)
- Lipitor (63 people, 16.07%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (96 people, 24.49%)
- Weakness (86 people, 21.94%)
- Stress And Anxiety (84 people, 21.43%)
- Nausea (78 people, 19.90%)
- Chest Pain (78 people, 19.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have A-fib when taking Naproxen?
- Check symptoms - is a-fib caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsA-fib and drugs with ingredients of naproxen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeA-fib and Naproxen from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 42,780 users)
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,335 A-fib patients).
Browse all side effects of Naproxena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with A-fibA-fib
Could your condition cause A-fibA-fib
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I was prescribed naproxen as a result of a diagnosis of arthritis. I started taking it and the following occurred and I have stopped and I will never take it again: 1. I had terrific stomach issues and was prescribed Tecta to help with that; 2. I now have permanent buzzing in my ears; 3. I ...
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
Has anyone booked good results in using Taurine and L Argine or other supplements in conquering Afib or/and PVC's? I'm recovering from Ablation a view months ago and still have a lots of PVC's and read a lot about these supplements. henk
User reviews to the study
Hi! I am 52 year old female with Naproxen related extrapyramidal symptoms happened twice. The use of this particular drug is the only similar drug related precondition for the symptoms leading to ER. But I have also taken Naproxen without the symptoms, so maybe hypoglycemia and migraine have ...
Hi there, thank you for letting me join this group. I have had a-fib for 20 years. I'm thinking of starting Sam-e for depression, and am interested in the effects it has on a-fib, and the associated drugs. Thanks! Sue