Naproxen and Acid reflux - from FDA reports
Acid reflux is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Acid reflux with Naproxen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,228 people who have side effects when taking Naproxen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
40,228 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen.
Among them, 545 people (1.35%) have Acid reflux
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Naproxen when people have Acid reflux *:
- < 1 month: 37.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.57 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.07 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.14 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.79 %
- 10+ years: 8.93 %
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Naproxen *:
- female: 73.75 %
- male: 26.25 %
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Naproxen *:
- 0-1: 0.5 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.51 %
- 20-29: 3.77 %
- 30-39: 6.78 %
- 40-49: 21.36 %
- 50-59: 33.42 %
- 60+: 30.9 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (46 people, 8.44%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (46 people, 8.44%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (45 people, 8.26%)
- Depression (45 people, 8.26%)
- High Blood Pressure (38 people, 6.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (96 people, 17.61%)
- Zometa (95 people, 17.43%)
- Neurontin (77 people, 14.13%)
- Lipitor (77 people, 14.13%)
- Aspirin (68 people, 12.48%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (166 people, 30.46%)
- Back Pain (132 people, 24.22%)
- Depression (130 people, 23.85%)
- High Blood Pressure (115 people, 21.10%)
- Chest Pain (111 people, 20.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Acid reflux when taking Naproxen?
- Check symptoms - is acid reflux caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAcid reflux and drugs with ingredients of naproxen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcid reflux and Naproxen from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 42,780 users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,260 Acid reflux patients).
Browse all side effects of Naproxena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Acid refluxAcid reflux
Could your condition cause Acid refluxAcid reflux
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hi! I am 52 year old female with Naproxen related extrapyramidal symptoms happened twice. The use of this particular drug is the only similar drug related precondition for the symptoms leading to ER. But I have also taken Naproxen without the symptoms, so maybe hypoglycemia and migraine have ...
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...