Naproxen and Burning sensation - from FDA reports
Burning sensation is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Burning sensation with Naproxen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,228 people who have side effects when taking Naproxen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
40,228 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen.
Among them, 299 people (0.74%) have Burning sensation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Naproxen when people have Burning sensation *:
- < 1 month: 83.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 8.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.78 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.56 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Burning sensation when taking Naproxen *:
- female: 68.84 %
- male: 31.16 %
Age of people who have Burning sensation when taking Naproxen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.41 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.15 %
- 30-39: 5.81 %
- 40-49: 26.97 %
- 50-59: 29.46 %
- 60+: 33.2 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (38 people, 12.71%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (26 people, 8.70%)
- High Blood Pressure (22 people, 7.36%)
- Back Pain (17 people, 5.69%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (14 people, 4.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (27 people, 9.03%)
- Aspirin (27 people, 9.03%)
- Humira (26 people, 8.70%)
- Methotrexate (25 people, 8.36%)
- Omeprazole (20 people, 6.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (56 people, 18.73%)
- Dizziness (47 people, 15.72%)
- Pain In Extremity (46 people, 15.38%)
- Itching (46 people, 15.38%)
- Joint Pain (44 people, 14.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Burning sensation when taking Naproxen?
- Check symptoms - is burning sensation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBurning sensation and drugs with ingredients of naproxen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBurning sensation and Naproxen from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 42,780 users)
Burning sensation has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 38,590 Burning sensation patients).
Browse all side effects of Naproxena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Burning sensationBurning sensation
Could your condition cause Burning sensationBurning sensation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have burning, pins and needle sensations throughout my body. My symptoms started in 2005 in my arms only. Over time my whole body is consumed with the symptoms. In 1996 I had a neverous breakdown and was put on 1000 mg of depakote, then I was put on lamitcal and came off it around 2011. I ...
User reviews to the study
Hi! I am 52 year old female with Naproxen related extrapyramidal symptoms happened twice. The use of this particular drug is the only similar drug related precondition for the symptoms leading to ER. But I have also taken Naproxen without the symptoms, so maybe hypoglycemia and migraine have ...
Ive been taking Naproxen on and off for arthritis since Oct 14. Had my first mini shock in July 15. The last really bad shock was end of March 17. Ive now stopped taking it as was suspecting Naproxen was the cause. How long will it take to leave my system, if at all? Now on Fexofenedine for ...