Review: could Naproxen cause Diabetes - type 2 (Type 2 diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes - type 2 is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 20,483 people who have side effects while taking Naproxen from FDA and social media. Among them, 238 have Diabetes - type 2. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes - type 2 and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Naproxen and have Diabetes - type 2 >>>
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 21,930 users)
Diabetes - type 2
Diabetes - type 2 has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia, sleep disorder.(latest reports from Diabetes - type 2 91,190 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 20,483 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen. Among them, 238 people (1.16%) have Diabetes - Type 2.
Time on Naproxen when people have Diabetes - type 2 * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes - type 2||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Diabetes - type 2 when taking Naproxen * :
|Diabetes - type 2||61.89%||38.11% |
Age of people who have Diabetes - type 2 when taking Naproxen * :
|Diabetes - type 2||1.33%||0.00%||3.10%||8.41%||15.93%||44.25%||21.24%||5.75% |
Severity of Diabetes - type 2 when taking Naproxen ** :
How people recovered from Diabetes - type 2 ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (117 people, 49.16%)
- Bipolar disorder (71 people, 29.83%)
- Anxiety (55 people, 23.11%)
- Sleep disorder (53 people, 22.27%)
- Schizophrenia (38 people, 15.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (191 people, 80.25%)
- Risperdal (88 people, 36.97%)
- Zyprexa (88 people, 36.97%)
- Lisinopril (66 people, 27.73%)
- Abilify (56 people, 23.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes - Type 2 while taking Naproxen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Naproxen and have Diabetes - Type 2
- support group for people who take Naproxen
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay my bills.
After a long period of waiting to settle my workmens' comp. case, I returned home, from the Bat Area back to Arizona to take of my mother with a yet un dianosed case of moderate dementia.
Then, in 2011 I had a 2nd surgery to relieve spinal stenosis btwn. L2-L4, just above the fusion site.
I've been taking methadone since early 2004, a little over ten years, now. I've had high blood pressure since my injury.
Now, I waiting to be scheduled for a colonoscopy, with my father having had polyps and the way I've been feeling..drained, tired all the time, and stomach pains ( in addition to my chronic low back pain), I...
find myself wondering if there is any relationtionship between the methadone and other meds and cancer?
- What can i do to lessen the diarrhea i get while taking naprosyn?
I am already using probiotics and trying to eat yogurt once a day. I also make sure to take medication on a full stomach.
- Is rasberry ketone safe
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair (1 answer)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Cranberry juice making percocet not show up in a uv test.
Had gotting Kidney Stones and had been drinking about 3 gallons of cranberry juice and bunch of water and went in for a ut test and it came back neg for percocet. I always take my pills but don't alway take them at the right time cause sometimes i have to drive my niece so i wouldn't take them when i had to drive, i have alway drive cranberry juice and a lot of water cause i started a new diet millary diet and started losing wiegt i lose 30 to 35 pound also for the past year the head dr. has been changing my meds and for the pass 6 to 7 month i've being taking what i have list i'm really don't know was going on, i just know that i was taking my pain meds and know they have stoped them. I just hope them maybe someone on here might understand what's going on. Thanks to anyone for any help that you can give me.
More questions for: Naproxen, Diabetes - type 2
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 mg twice a day (cut in half) caused breathing problems. Now dose reduced to 125mg 2xdaily still causing intense jaw pain
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreatic cancer are similar, is there a link between Victoza and cholangiocarcinoma?
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cetaphil moisturizer, and started using the black soap which is apparently helping. I started a vegetarian diet and eat mainly the same foods daily to monitor anything for allergies. I stopped taking the pill 3 days ago and I am optimistic. I am hoping others have had positive experiences.
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well the things that have been going on in my dreams are scary to the point I've woken up screaming/ crying, body is covered in sweat & it's stopping me from sleeping more, I get around 2 hours sleep a night off them..... I mean dripping, this dream was so horrific I had to post a review which I woke up around 15 mins ago, I have nightmares quiet often but never this bad
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. People thought I had Mono. It DID however put my colitis into remission!
More reviews for: Naproxen, Diabetes - type 2
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have just started on Orencia this month but was was taken off of Cimzia as it was no longer effective. I have noticed over the last year that 2/3 of my hair has thinned to very little.. thin and weak.
- Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- Doctor seems to think I have epididymitis due to a swollen testicle and constant pain in testicle. He gave me doxycycline for 23 days. I'm only half way through but was in a lot of pain so started to take naproxen which seemed to work instantly. However since I've been taking the naproxen (orally) I ...
- suffering terrible oral thrush and bad body odour thought it was because i was eating too much sugar and symptoms did improve when i improved my diet but flared up yesterday after taking prochlorperazine
- Doctor wants to do a colonoscopy, but am not sure if that should be the next step after blood work. I don't believe that the doctor is really investigating the blood work results thoroughly. With my insurance, it is more than difficult to get a 2nd opinion.
Also, I had a fecal occult blood te ...
More related studies for: Naproxen, Diabetes - type 2
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.