Naproxen and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Naproxen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,228 people who have side effects when taking Naproxen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
40,228 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen.
Among them, 1,647 people (4.09%) have Diarrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Naproxen when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 39.74 %
- 1 - 6 months: 29.8 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.64 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.58 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.31 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.96 %
- 10+ years: 3.97 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Naproxen *:
- female: 69.06 %
- male: 30.94 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Naproxen *:
- 0-1: 0.59 %
- 2-9: 0.74 %
- 10-19: 3.19 %
- 20-29: 4.97 %
- 30-39: 9.06 %
- 40-49: 14.92 %
- 50-59: 24.5 %
- 60+: 41.95 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (268 people, 16.27%)
- High Blood Pressure (117 people, 7.10%)
- Osteoporosis (69 people, 4.19%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (66 people, 4.01%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (61 people, 3.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (134 people, 8.14%)
- Prednisone (132 people, 8.01%)
- Nexium (126 people, 7.65%)
- Methotrexate (126 people, 7.65%)
- Omeprazole (113 people, 6.86%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (522 people, 31.69%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (461 people, 27.99%)
- Fatigue (346 people, 21.01%)
- Weakness (266 people, 16.15%)
- Dizziness (253 people, 15.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Diarrhea when taking Naproxen?
- Check symptoms - is diarrhea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDiarrhea and drugs with ingredients of naproxen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiarrhea and Naproxen from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 42,779 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,006 Diarrhea patients).
Browse all side effects of Naproxena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea
Could your condition cause DiarrheaDiarrhea
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking Creon for 5 months due to partial removal of my pancreas, my gall bladder and the my bile duct due to cancer. I also take a multivitamin, Vitamin D and calcium. I have loose stools daily (not sure if it qualifies for diarrhea), several times a day, meaning they are not ...
User reviews to the study
Hi! I am 52 year old female with Naproxen related extrapyramidal symptoms happened twice. The use of this particular drug is the only similar drug related precondition for the symptoms leading to ER. But I have also taken Naproxen without the symptoms, so maybe hypoglycemia and migraine have ...
Ive been taking Naproxen on and off for arthritis since Oct 14. Had my first mini shock in July 15. The last really bad shock was end of March 17. Ive now stopped taking it as was suspecting Naproxen was the cause. How long will it take to leave my system, if at all? Now on Fexofenedine for ...
I have been taking 900mg of Gabapentin every evening to relieve the severe burning in the soles of my feet for the last 3 months. Early on I experienced a change in bowel habits, from a lifelong battle with constipation to loose, regular, very odorous, somewhat painful movements. Has anyone ...