Review: could Naproxen cause Fatigue?
Summary: Fatigue is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 20,524 people who have side effects while taking Naproxen from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,005 have Fatigue. Find out below who they are, when they have Fatigue and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Naproxen and have Fatigue >>>
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 21,964 Naproxen users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 200,917 Fatigue patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 20,524 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen. Among them, 1,005 people (4.90%) have Fatigue.
Time on Naproxen when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Naproxen * :
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Naproxen * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Naproxen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (137 people, 13.63%)
- Depression (90 people, 8.96%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (82 people, 8.16%)
- Multiple sclerosis (60 people, 5.97%)
- Arthritis (39 people, 3.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (183 people, 18.21%)
- Albuterol (137 people, 13.63%)
- Lisinopril (131 people, 13.03%)
- Prednisone (129 people, 12.84%)
- Ambien (123 people, 12.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of naproxen and fatigue on
Do you have Fatigue while taking Naproxen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Naproxen and have Fatigue
- support group for people who take Naproxen
- support group for people who have Fatigue
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Lortab for a 56-year old woman with Pain - Shoulder. The patient has Hot Flashes
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of side effects of Naproxen for a 60-year old woman with Inflammation Localised. The patient has Cushing's Disease (increased secretion of adrenocorticotropic hormone (acth) from the anterior pituitary)
Recent Naproxen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.