Review: could Naproxen cause Heart palpitations?
Summary: Heart palpitations is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 20,524 people who have side effects while taking Naproxen from FDA and social media. Among them, 255 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Naproxen and have Heart palpitations >>>
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 21,971 Naproxen users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,177 Heart palpitations patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 20,524 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen. Among them, 255 people (1.24%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Naproxen when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||55.56%||5.56%||5.56%||5.56%||11.11%||16.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Naproxen * :
|Heart palpitations||75.90%||24.10% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Naproxen * :
|Heart palpitations||0.81%||0.00%||0.40%||9.27%||17.74%||16.53%||21.77%||33.47% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Naproxen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||10.00%||90.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart palpitations||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (31 people, 12.16%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 7.06%)
- Pain (17 people, 6.67%)
- Contraception (14 people, 5.49%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (13 people, 5.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (54 people, 21.18%)
- Paxil (43 people, 16.86%)
- Lisinopril (40 people, 15.69%)
- Prilosec (39 people, 15.29%)
- Albuterol (36 people, 14.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of naproxen and heart palpitations on
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Naproxen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Naproxen and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Naproxen
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Palpitations, Tongue Irritation, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Daytrana for a 21-year old man with ADHD. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gabapentin for a 35-year old woman with Pain In Limb, High Blood Pressure, Nerve Pain. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Nightmares - Repeated
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
Recent Naproxen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.