Naproxen and Liver function test abnormal - from FDA reports
Liver function test abnormal is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis . We study 36,052 people who have side effects while taking Naproxen from FDA. Among them, 187 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 38,435 users)
Liver Function Test Abnormal
Liver function test abnormal has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 28,484 Liver function test abnormal patients).
On Jan, 25, 2017
36,052 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen.
Among them, 187 people (0.52%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Naproxen when people have Liver Function Test Abnormal *:
- < 1 month: 54.55 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.73 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.55 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.55 %
- 2 - 5 years: 13.64 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal when taking Naproxen *:
- female: 69.32 %
- male: 30.68 %
Age of people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal when taking Naproxen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.07 %
- 10-19: 4.83 %
- 20-29: 8.28 %
- 30-39: 7.59 %
- 40-49: 13.1 %
- 50-59: 25.52 %
- 60+: 38.62 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (37 people, 19.79%)
- Pain (17 people, 9.09%)
- High Blood Pressure (17 people, 9.09%)
- Preventive Health Care (11 people, 5.88%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (10 people, 5.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (26 people, 13.90%)
- Omeprazole (24 people, 12.83%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (23 people, 12.30%)
- Folic Acid (23 people, 12.30%)
- Aspirin (17 people, 9.09%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Abdominal Pain (26 people, 13.90%)
- Fever (24 people, 12.83%)
- Fatigue (24 people, 12.83%)
- Pain (22 people, 11.76%)
- Depression (21 people, 11.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Liver function test abnormal when taking Naproxen?
- Check symptoms - is liver function test abnormal caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Naproxena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Liver function test abnormalLiver function test abnormal
Could your condition cause Liver function test abnormalLiver function test abnormal
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I have bronchiectasis and take naproxen for rheumatism. This makes me chronically breathless. What is the worse thing. Breathlessness or pain. I am in a quandary. Don't really want to live with either but that is tough
I have been taking naproxen for many years due to several surgeries in a short period of time. I can't tolerate the narcotic pain meds and therefore always turn to naproxen and take it daily. My hair started thinning several years ago but within months this year have developed bald areas and ...