Review: could Naproxen cause Liver function test abnormal?
Summary: Liver function test abnormal is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 20,529 people who have side effects while taking Naproxen from FDA and social media. Among them, 103 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Naproxen and have Liver function test abnormal >>>
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 21,971 Naproxen users)
Liver function test abnormal
Liver function test abnormal has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,149 Liver function test abnormal patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 20,524 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen. Among them, 103 people (0.50%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Naproxen when people have Liver function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Liver function test abnormal||37.50%||31.25%||6.25%||6.25%||18.75%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Naproxen * :
|Liver function test abnormal||72.22%||27.78% |
Age of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Naproxen * :
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||3.75%||7.50%||5.00%||5.00%||13.75%||20.00%||45.00% |
Severity of Liver function test abnormal when taking Naproxen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Liver function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (24 people, 23.30%)
- Hypertension (9 people, 8.74%)
- Arthritis (9 people, 8.74%)
- Arthralgia (7 people, 6.80%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (7 people, 6.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (19 people, 18.45%)
- Folic acid (16 people, 15.53%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (15 people, 14.56%)
- Temazepam (12 people, 11.65%)
- Prednisone (11 people, 10.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of naproxen and liver function test abnormal on
Do you have Liver Function Test Abnormal while taking Naproxen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Naproxen and have Liver Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Naproxen
- support group for people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gabapentin for a 35-year old woman with Pain In Limb, High Blood Pressure, Nerve Pain. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Nightmares - Repeated
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D, Restasis, Gabapentin, Remeron, Buspar, Naproxen for a 54-year old woman with General Symptom, Eyes - Dry, Restless Leg Syndrome, Ptsd, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Anxiety Postoperative
- A study of drug interactions between Restasis, Soma, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Levothroid, Naproxen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Double Vision, Muscle And Nerve Problems, Systemic, Gerd, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, Nerve And Muscle Problem. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Sjogren Syndrome, Enlarged Lymph Nodes, Adrenal Neoplasm, Cortisol Level, Nerve Problems, Muscle Cramps
- A study of drug interactions between Motrin, Naprosyn for a 49-year old woman with Pelvic Pain. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
Recent Naproxen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.