Review: could Naproxen cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Fluticasone propionate, and have Depression.
We study 20,483 people who have side effects while taking Naproxen from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Naproxen and have Muscle cramps >>>
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 21,930 users)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.(latest reports from Muscle cramps 10,796 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 20,483 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen. Among them, 40 people (0.20%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Naproxen when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Naproxen * :
|Muscle cramps||84.91%||15.09% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Naproxen * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||3.03%||0.00%||12.12%||3.03%||15.15%||15.15%||51.52% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Naproxen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (14 people, 35.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (3 people, 7.50%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 5.00%)
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 5.00%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fluticasone propionate (16 people, 40.00%)
- Paxil (16 people, 40.00%)
- Lorazepam (15 people, 37.50%)
- Gabapentin (15 people, 37.50%)
- Metronidazole (14 people, 35.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Naproxen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Naproxen and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Naproxen
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas? (1 answer)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm still having problems with hypoglycemia... if anyone know anything, PLEASE CONTACT ME!!! :)
I know there can't just be a support group here for FERRETS!!! people are kind of important... I hate this song, but "Don't worry, BE HAPPY" is okay, I guess... I'm trying to force it upon myself. Things will get BETTER!!!
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay my bills.
After a long period of waiting to settle my workmens' comp. case, I returned home, from the Bat Area back to Arizona to take of my mother with a yet un dianosed case of moderate dementia.
Then, in 2011 I had a 2nd surgery to relieve spinal stenosis btwn. L2-L4, just above the fusion site.
I've been taking methadone since early 2004, a little over ten years, now. I've had high blood pressure since my injury.
Now, I waiting to be scheduled for a colonoscopy, with my father having had polyps and the way I've been feeling..drained, tired all the time, and stomach pains ( in addition to my chronic low back pain), I...
find myself wondering if there is any relationtionship between the methadone and other meds and cancer?
- What can i do to lessen the diarrhea i get while taking naprosyn?
I am already using probiotics and trying to eat yogurt once a day. I also make sure to take medication on a full stomach.
- Cranberry juice making percocet not show up in a uv test.
Had gotting Kidney Stones and had been drinking about 3 gallons of cranberry juice and bunch of water and went in for a ut test and it came back neg for percocet. I always take my pills but don't alway take them at the right time cause sometimes i have to drive my niece so i wouldn't take them when i had to drive, i have alway drive cranberry juice and a lot of water cause i started a new diet millary diet and started losing wiegt i lose 30 to 35 pound also for the past year the head dr. has been changing my meds and for the pass 6 to 7 month i've being taking what i have list i'm really don't know was going on, i just know that i was taking my pain meds and know they have stoped them. I just hope them maybe someone on here might understand what's going on. Thanks to anyone for any help that you can give me.
- Have you ever gotten vertigo while taking cymbalta? (2 answers)
Have been on Cymbalta for a year and woke up in the night with extreme vertigo. I was taken to ER and given Valium to help with dizziness, but it has not gone away. Help pls!
More questions for: Naproxen, Muscle cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 mg twice a day (cut in half) caused breathing problems. Now dose reduced to 125mg 2xdaily still causing intense jaw pain
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cetaphil moisturizer, and started using the black soap which is apparently helping. I started a vegetarian diet and eat mainly the same foods daily to monitor anything for allergies. I stopped taking the pill 3 days ago and I am optimistic. I am hoping others have had positive experiences.
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well the things that have been going on in my dreams are scary to the point I've woken up screaming/ crying, body is covered in sweat & it's stopping me from sleeping more, I get around 2 hours sleep a night off them..... I mean dripping, this dream was so horrific I had to post a review which I woke up around 15 mins ago, I have nightmares quiet often but never this bad
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different prescription when that one no longer helped, and finally a third prescription, which did not work either. The cramps continued to grow more severe and more frequent. I was also having extremely severe cramps in my left hand, to the point that I could not straighten my fingers for several excruciating minutes. Although the cramps in my calves had lessened significantly, my toes were starting to cramp severely.
I stopped taking allopurinol about a month ago, and since then I realized that my hands and toes were cramping less and less, and now it is almost completely gone. I inadvertently stopped the allopurinol and I lost the bottle of pills and didn't realize it until I went to refill my pill box that holds a month's supply divided into daily doses. I searched on the internet and found that muscle problems are not uncommon for some people taking allopurinol.
More reviews for: Naproxen, Muscle cramps
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have just started on Orencia this month but was was taken off of Cimzia as it was no longer effective. I have noticed over the last year that 2/3 of my hair has thinned to very little.. thin and weak.
- Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- Doctor seems to think I have epididymitis due to a swollen testicle and constant pain in testicle. He gave me doxycycline for 23 days. I'm only half way through but was in a lot of pain so started to take naproxen which seemed to work instantly. However since I've been taking the naproxen (orally) I ...
More related studies for: Naproxen, Muscle cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.