Naproxen and Narcotic abuse - from FDA reports
Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ibuprofen, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Narcotic abuse with Naproxen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,228 people who have side effects when taking Naproxen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
40,228 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen.
Among them, 100 people (0.25%) have Narcotic abuse
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Naproxen when people have Narcotic abuse *:
- < 1 month: 55.56 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.11 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 22.22 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 11.11 %
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Naproxen *:
- female: 49.46 %
- male: 50.54 %
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Naproxen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.32 %
- 10-19: 3.95 %
- 20-29: 7.89 %
- 30-39: 22.37 %
- 40-49: 28.95 %
- 50-59: 15.79 %
- 60+: 19.74 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (10 people, 10.00%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 8.00%)
- Sleep Disorder (6 people, 6.00%)
- Osteoporosis (6 people, 6.00%)
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (6 people, 6.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vicodin (16 people, 16.00%)
- Ibuprofen (16 people, 16.00%)
- Levaquin (14 people, 14.00%)
- Fosamax (14 people, 14.00%)
- Diazepam (12 people, 12.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (91 people, 91.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (21 people, 21.00%)
- Overdose (14 people, 14.00%)
- Headache (13 people, 13.00%)
- Back Pain (13 people, 13.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Narcotic abuse when taking Naproxen?
- Check symptoms - is narcotic abuse caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNarcotic abuse and drugs with ingredients of naproxen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNarcotic abuse and Naproxen from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 42,780 users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, drug dependence, pain, depression (latest reports from 35,501 Narcotic abuse patients).
Browse all side effects of Naproxena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Narcotic abuseNarcotic abuse
Could your condition cause Narcotic abuseNarcotic abuse
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Is there a specific reason why or how someone would become addicted to cocaine following a diagnosis of fibromyalgia? Especially odd since this abuser recognized a problem with alcohol, joined AA, yet continued with an intense cocaine addiction.
User reviews to the study
Hi! I am 52 year old female with Naproxen related extrapyramidal symptoms happened twice. The use of this particular drug is the only similar drug related precondition for the symptoms leading to ER. But I have also taken Naproxen without the symptoms, so maybe hypoglycemia and migraine have ...
Ive been taking Naproxen on and off for arthritis since Oct 14. Had my first mini shock in July 15. The last really bad shock was end of March 17. Ive now stopped taking it as was suspecting Naproxen was the cause. How long will it take to leave my system, if at all? Now on Fexofenedine for ...
Hi everyone! So glad to have found this site! I am a mother of two (three actually but lost a 2 year old daughter due to AVM 3 years ago) and joining the support group with her condition before lead me to come out of my depression after losing her. I am looking forward to meet you all here in ...