Review: could Naproxen cause Polymyalgia rheumatica?
Summary: Polymyalgia rheumatica is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 20,483 people who have side effects while taking Naproxen from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Find out below who they are, when they have Polymyalgia rheumatica and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Naproxen and have Polymyalgia rheumatica >>>
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 21,930 users)
Polymyalgia rheumatica (pain in many muscles) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, osteopenia, pain.(latest reports from Polymyalgia rheumatica 2,094 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 20,483 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen. Among them, 15 people (0.07%) have Polymyalgia Rheumatica.
Time on Naproxen when people have Polymyalgia rheumatica * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Polymyalgia rheumatica||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Polymyalgia rheumatica when taking Naproxen * :
|Polymyalgia rheumatica||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Polymyalgia rheumatica when taking Naproxen * :
|Polymyalgia rheumatica||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.25%||56.25%||37.50% |
Severity of Polymyalgia rheumatica when taking Naproxen ** :
How people recovered from Polymyalgia rheumatica ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 26.67%)
- Pain (3 people, 20.00%)
- Chest pain (2 people, 13.33%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 13.33%)
- Depression (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (8 people, 53.33%)
- Hyzaar (7 people, 46.67%)
- Flector (7 people, 46.67%)
- Tricor (7 people, 46.67%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (7 people, 46.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Polymyalgia Rheumatica while taking Naproxen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Naproxen and have Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- support group for people who take Naproxen
- support group for people who have Polymyalgia Rheumatica
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay my bills.
After a long period of waiting to settle my workmens' comp. case, I returned home, from the Bat Area back to Arizona to take of my mother with a yet un dianosed case of moderate dementia.
Then, in 2011 I had a 2nd surgery to relieve spinal stenosis btwn. L2-L4, just above the fusion site.
I've been taking methadone since early 2004, a little over ten years, now. I've had high blood pressure since my injury.
Now, I waiting to be scheduled for a colonoscopy, with my father having had polyps and the way I've been feeling..drained, tired all the time, and stomach pains ( in addition to my chronic low back pain), I...
find myself wondering if there is any relationtionship between the methadone and other meds and cancer?
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on Abilify about the same amoount of time and I noticed that the commercials say a side affect can be lack of judgement or something to that effect. Has anyone else had this happen?
- What can i do to lessen the diarrhea i get while taking naprosyn?
I am already using probiotics and trying to eat yogurt once a day. I also make sure to take medication on a full stomach.
- Cranberry juice making percocet not show up in a uv test.
Had gotting Kidney Stones and had been drinking about 3 gallons of cranberry juice and bunch of water and went in for a ut test and it came back neg for percocet. I always take my pills but don't alway take them at the right time cause sometimes i have to drive my niece so i wouldn't take them when i had to drive, i have alway drive cranberry juice and a lot of water cause i started a new diet millary diet and started losing wiegt i lose 30 to 35 pound also for the past year the head dr. has been changing my meds and for the pass 6 to 7 month i've being taking what i have list i'm really don't know was going on, i just know that i was taking my pain meds and know they have stoped them. I just hope them maybe someone on here might understand what's going on. Thanks to anyone for any help that you can give me.
- Have you ever gotten vertigo while taking cymbalta? (2 answers)
Have been on Cymbalta for a year and woke up in the night with extreme vertigo. I was taken to ER and given Valium to help with dizziness, but it has not gone away. Help pls!
More questions for: Naproxen, Polymyalgia rheumatica
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 mg twice a day (cut in half) caused breathing problems. Now dose reduced to 125mg 2xdaily still causing intense jaw pain
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cetaphil moisturizer, and started using the black soap which is apparently helping. I started a vegetarian diet and eat mainly the same foods daily to monitor anything for allergies. I stopped taking the pill 3 days ago and I am optimistic. I am hoping others have had positive experiences.
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with me.
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well the things that have been going on in my dreams are scary to the point I've woken up screaming/ crying, body is covered in sweat & it's stopping me from sleeping more, I get around 2 hours sleep a night off them..... I mean dripping, this dream was so horrific I had to post a review which I woke up around 15 mins ago, I have nightmares quiet often but never this bad
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (1 response)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but pain levels come back up.
Currently on 20mg daily. Still have pain in the morning & at night. Am worried about prednisone side effects.
More reviews for: Naproxen, Polymyalgia rheumatica
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have just started on Orencia this month but was was taken off of Cimzia as it was no longer effective. I have noticed over the last year that 2/3 of my hair has thinned to very little.. thin and weak.
- Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- Doctor seems to think I have epididymitis due to a swollen testicle and constant pain in testicle. He gave me doxycycline for 23 days. I'm only half way through but was in a lot of pain so started to take naproxen which seemed to work instantly. However since I've been taking the naproxen (orally) I ...
- my psychiatrist changed my anti-depressant from Sertraline to Fluoxetine without weaning me off. Is polymyalgia as a direct result of sudden withdrawal.
A similar thing happend 9 months ago when he took me off Fluoxetine and put me on Mirtazapan. The muscle/joint pain is excruciating
- suffering terrible oral thrush and bad body odour thought it was because i was eating too much sugar and symptoms did improve when i improved my diet but flared up yesterday after taking prochlorperazine
More related studies for: Naproxen, Polymyalgia rheumatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.