Review: could Naproxen cause Rectal bleeding?
Summary: Rectal bleeding is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes.
We study 20,529 people who have side effects while taking Naproxen from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Rectal bleeding. Find out below who they are, when they have Rectal bleeding and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Naproxen and have Rectal bleeding >>>
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 21,971 Naproxen users)
Rectal bleeding (bleeding from rectum) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, pain. (latest reports from 3,160 Rectal bleeding patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 20,524 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen. Among them, 19 people (0.09%) have Rectal Bleeding.
Time on Naproxen when people have Rectal bleeding * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rectal bleeding||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rectal bleeding when taking Naproxen * :
|Rectal bleeding||52.63%||47.37% |
Age of people who have Rectal bleeding when taking Naproxen * :
|Rectal bleeding||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||37.50% |
Severity of Rectal bleeding when taking Naproxen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rectal bleeding||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rectal bleeding ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes (1 people, 5.26%)
- Nerve pain (1 people, 5.26%)
- Tendonitis (1 people, 5.26%)
- Heartburn - chronic (1 people, 5.26%)
- Inflammation localised (1 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (6 people, 31.58%)
- Ibuprofen (3 people, 15.79%)
- Torecan (2 people, 10.53%)
- Percodan (2 people, 10.53%)
- Lomotil (2 people, 10.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of naproxen and rectal bleeding on
Do you have Rectal Bleeding while taking Naproxen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Naproxen and have Rectal Bleeding
- support group for people who take Naproxen
- support group for people who have Rectal Bleeding
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gabapentin for a 35-year old woman with Pain In Limb, High Blood Pressure, Nerve Pain. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Nightmares - Repeated
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D, Restasis, Gabapentin, Remeron, Buspar, Naproxen for a 54-year old woman with General Symptom, Eyes - Dry, Restless Leg Syndrome, Ptsd, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Anxiety Postoperative
- A study of drug interactions between Restasis, Soma, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Levothroid, Naproxen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Double Vision, Muscle And Nerve Problems, Systemic, Gerd, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, Nerve And Muscle Problem. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Sjogren Syndrome, Enlarged Lymph Nodes, Adrenal Neoplasm, Cortisol Level, Nerve Problems, Muscle Cramps
- A study of drug interactions between Motrin, Naprosyn for a 49-year old woman with Pelvic Pain. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
Recent Naproxen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.