Review: could Neurontin cause Agitation?
Summary: Agitation is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Klonopin, and have Pain.
We study 56,293 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,029 have Agitation. Find out below who they are, when they have Agitation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Agitation >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,794 Neurontin users)
Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 54,746 Agitation patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 56,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 1,033 people (1.84%) have Agitation.
Time on Neurontin when people have Agitation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Agitation when taking Neurontin * :
Severity of Agitation when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Agitation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (240 people, 23.23%)
- Depression (139 people, 13.46%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (95 people, 9.20%)
- Bipolar disorder (86 people, 8.33%)
- Anxiety (74 people, 7.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klonopin (176 people, 17.04%)
- Seroquel (171 people, 16.55%)
- Ativan (150 people, 14.52%)
- Oxycontin (149 people, 14.42%)
- Xanax (149 people, 14.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of neurontin and agitation on
Do you have Agitation while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Agitation
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Agitation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Zantac 150, Synthroid, Gabapentin, Lexapro for a 54-year old woman with Depression, Gerd, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Fatigue, Nausea, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Escitalopram, Akineton, Risperidone for a 73-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Salivary Gland Mass, Restlessness, Weight Loss, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.