Review: could Neurontin cause Autism?
Summary: Autism is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Depakote, and have Convulsion.
We study 56,298 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Autism. Find out below who they are, when they have Autism and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Autism >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,805 Neurontin users)
Autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, epilepsy, convulsion, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 1,722 Autism patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 56,298 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Autism.
Time on Neurontin when people have Autism * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Autism when taking Neurontin * :
Severity of Autism when taking Neurontin ** :
How people recovered from Autism ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Convulsion (2 people, 28.57%)
- Complex partial seizures (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Depakote (5 people, 71.43%)
- Senokot (4 people, 57.14%)
- Lactulose (4 people, 57.14%)
- Hydroxyzine hcl (3 people, 42.86%)
- Lamotrigine (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of neurontin and autism on
Do you have Autism while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Autism
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Autism
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 16-year old girl with Complicated Migraine. The patient has Complicated Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Atorvastatin Calcium, Gabapentin, Effient, Pregabalin, Novolin R, Lantrisul, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 61-year old woman with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diuretic Effect, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Neuropathy, Heart Mri, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetes, Heart Rate Decreased. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Augmentin, Sertraline, Gabapentin for a 30-year old man with Pharyngitis, Pharyngitis Bacterial, Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Sudden Death
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gabapentin for a 35-year old woman with Pain In Limb, High Blood Pressure, Nerve Pain. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Nightmares - Repeated
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D, Restasis, Gabapentin, Remeron, Buspar, Naproxen for a 54-year old woman with General Symptom, Eyes - Dry, Restless Leg Syndrome, Ptsd, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Anxiety Postoperative
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.