Review: could Neurontin cause Fatigue?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 10, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 56,197 people who take Neurontin. Among them, 4,298 have Fatigue. See who they are, when they have Fatigue and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Neurontin (latest outcomes from 57,656 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia, pain relief by acupuncture. Commonly reported side effects of Neurontin include pain exacerbated, pain, pain relief by acupuncture, nausea aggravated, nausea.
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,517,677 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 54,116 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 4,300 people (7.95%) have Fatigue.
Time on Neurontin when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Neurontin * :
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Neurontin * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (698 people, 16.23%)
- Multiple sclerosis (408 people, 9.49%)
- Depression (404 people, 9.40%)
- Hypertension (297 people, 6.91%)
- Neuralgia (261 people, 6.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (774 people, 18.00%)
- Lasix (644 people, 14.98%)
- Oxycontin (627 people, 14.58%)
- Zometa (622 people, 14.47%)
- Ambien (597 people, 13.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Neurontin, Fatigue
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Neurontin (gabapentin) is often used for neuralgia. Find out below the conditions Neurontin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Neurontin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Neurontin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Neurontin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
want to find out of all my pain is a condition as well as my promary condition of back surgery and back pain
From this study (2 months ago):
taking Cortef 20mg/day > 1 month & stopped medication suddenly prior to symptoms
From this study (2 months ago):
I have some type of autoimmune disorder. looks like lupus but not sure. lesion on my brain located on my Thalmus looks like low grade tumor or MS. I have sick sinus syndrome and Long QT. I have a pacemaker because my heart stopped. I had half my liver removed due to giant hemangiomas. no one understands or can figure out what's wrong with me. I feel elderly at times because my bones are deteriorating and I have shrunk 2 inches this year
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Neurontin, Fatigue
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Neurontin, Fatigue
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Diazepam, Gabapentin, Morphine, Oramorph Sr, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Back Pain, Pain. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Pain - Elbow (Elbow pain), Migraine, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Pain - Knee (Knee pain), Bone Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec Otc, Atorvastatin Calcium, Baby Aspirin, Cortef, Gabapentin, Magnesium Chloride, Klor-con M20, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Gastric Ph Decreased, Hypolipidaemia, Myocardial Infarction, Pituitary Tumour, Numbness And Tingling, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Hypertension. The patient has Blood Testosterone Decreased, Lower Blood Pressure (Hypotension), Malaise, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Calcium, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lipitor for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Osteopenia, Neuropathy, Bone And Joint Pain, Arrhythmia, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Fatigue, Low Back Pain (Back pain - low), Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Leg Pain, Intranasal Numbness, Bone Pain
More related studies for: Neurontin, Fatigue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.