Review: could Neurontin cause Hallucination, auditory?
Summary: Hallucination, auditory is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Pain.
We study 56,298 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 168 have Hallucination, auditory. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination, auditory and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Hallucination, auditory >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,794 Neurontin users)
Hallucination, auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, quit smoking, bipolar disorder, pain. (latest reports from 7,618 Hallucination, auditory patients)
On Mar, 8, 2015: 56,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 168 people (0.30%) have Hallucination, Auditory.
Time on Neurontin when people have Hallucination, auditory * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hallucination, auditory||4.35%||39.13%||13.04%||26.09%||13.04%||4.35%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Hallucination, auditory when taking Neurontin * :
|Hallucination, auditory||0.00%||0.00%||6.33%||16.46%||34.81%||22.78%||10.76%||8.86% |
Severity of Hallucination, auditory when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hallucination, auditory||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hallucination, auditory ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hallucination, auditory||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (50 people, 29.76%)
- Depression (24 people, 14.29%)
- Bipolar disorder (23 people, 13.69%)
- Ill-defined disorder (22 people, 13.10%)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (10 people, 5.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (68 people, 40.48%)
- Risperdal (52 people, 30.95%)
- Ambien (51 people, 30.36%)
- Xanax (47 people, 27.98%)
- Ativan (44 people, 26.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination, Auditory while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Hallucination, Auditory
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Hallucination, Auditory
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old woman with Neuropathic Pain. The patient has Facial Paralysis (loss of function of face muscle)
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 47-year old man with Pain. The patient has Vision Has Become Bad Very Quickly
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.