Review: could Neurontin cause Heart palpitations?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 56,197 people who take Neurontin. Among them, 815 have Heart palpitations. See who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Neurontin (latest outcomes from 57,656 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia, acupuncture and pain. Commonly reported side effects of Neurontin include pain exacerbated, pain, pain relief by acupuncture, nausea aggravated, nausea.
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 306,665 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Feb, 18, 2014: 54,116 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 781 people (1.44%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Neurontin when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||32.56%||13.95%||0.00%||13.95%||16.28%||16.28%||6.98% |
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Neurontin * :
|Heart palpitations||71.24%||28.76% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Neurontin * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||0.14%||6.32%||13.79%||26.87%||28.30%||24.57% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||16.67%||58.33%||16.67%||8.33% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (111 people, 14.21%)
- Anxiety (63 people, 8.07%)
- Depression (55 people, 7.04%)
- Bipolar disorder (50 people, 6.40%)
- Neuralgia (41 people, 5.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (135 people, 17.29%)
- Klonopin (129 people, 16.52%)
- Aspirin (124 people, 15.88%)
- Vioxx (121 people, 15.49%)
- Protonix (113 people, 14.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Neurontin, Heart palpitations
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Neurontin (gabapentin) is often used for neuralgia. Find out below the conditions Neurontin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Neurontin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Neurontin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Neurontin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
Stopped gabapentin after ran out and needed another prescription, restarted and felt palpitations two hours after restarting usual dose, have been on them two years with no problems.
From this study (6 months ago):
To ER with new onset pressure/tightness in throat/neck up to my ears. Have a paraesophageal hiatal hernia. Cardiac work up negative. New bradycardia, low of mid 50's) with this episode. Normal HR is 80's +/- 10.
From this study (2 years ago):
M on Oct, 30, 2011:
I have been on a low does of bupropion and my eyelids have started twitching. It is quite often and I was wondering if others have had that issue.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Neurontin, Heart palpitations
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- Fenofibrate allergy and gall bladder problems
Took fenofibrate for about 9 months to treat high cholesterol, it lowered total from 250 down to 175 along with lowered triglycerides and LDL. After 6 months started having allergy and cold flu symptoms along with heart palpitations. Allergies caused sore throat, fluid behind ear,and sinus congest ...
- Heart pounding on zoloft
Have been on Zoloft for 3 weeks and have heart pounding once a week for a few hours which unable me to sleep
More reviews for: Neurontin, Heart palpitations
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Sciatic Nerve Neuropathy. The patient has Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Tylenol, Benadryl, Progesterone, Natural Estrogenic Substance-estrone, Quinine Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Prilosec, Candesartan Cilexetil for a patient with Neuropathy Peripheral, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Menopausal Symptoms Prophylaxis, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Gerd, Htn. The patient has Lightheadedness (Dizziness), Palpitations (Heart palpitations), Neck Tightness
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Neurontin, Ambien, Klonopin, Ultram Er, Effexor for a patient with Migraine Prophylaxis, Neuropathic Pain, Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Fibromyalgia, Insomnia Exacerbated, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Abnormal Behaviour, Dialysis Nos, Heart Pounding (Heart palpitations)
More related studies for: Neurontin, Heart palpitations
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.