Home > Neurontin > Memory loss > Neurontin and Memory loss
Review: could Neurontin cause Memory loss?
We study 56,255 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,571 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Neurontin and have Memory loss >>>
Neurontin (latest outcomes from 57,748 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
Memory loss (latest reports from 466,972 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 19, 2014: 56,246 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 2,513 people (4.47%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Neurontin when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||23.38%||21.85%||14.15%||14.15%||16.92%||6.15%||3.38% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Neurontin * :
|Memory loss||64.52%||35.48% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Neurontin * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.83%||3.16%||10.77%||23.15%||31.59%||30.50% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||8.11%||43.24%||40.54%||8.11% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||6.25%||0.00%||93.75% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (434 people, 17.27%)
- Depression (289 people, 11.50%)
- Back pain (236 people, 9.39%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (191 people, 7.60%)
- Neuralgia (177 people, 7.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (307 people, 12.22%)
- Xanax (298 people, 11.86%)
- Lyrica (295 people, 11.74%)
- Aspirin (293 people, 11.66%)
- Vioxx (291 people, 11.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Neurontin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Neurontin and have Memory Loss
- group for people who take Neurontin
- group for people who have Memory Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
My most severe symptoms would be the shortness of breath, muscle weakness and this chronic pain under my left rib that goes around to my back and up to my shoulder blade. Occasionally that pain will go to my left chest, clavicle and jaw. But all of my pain is on the left side. I have degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis too. Chronic headaches are dizziness are awful and debilitating.
From this study (3 months ago):
Seroquel makes muscles stiff. Feel terrible every morning or afternoon when I wake. Can hardly make it to bathroom and back. Sit in recliner most of day with no energy to do anything. Have severe sweating with any amount of physical activity, such as washing dishes or folding clothes. Back pain in lower back to the point of feeling as if my legs will collapse and bend underneathme.
melS on Jun, 1, 2014:
please go to an oriental medicine doctor!!!!
From this study (4 months ago):
Profound cognitive executive function loss NOT alzheimers or other cause following neurology work up. Drugs under consideration as cause.
hunting the answer on Apr, 30, 2014:
any more details on this?? i have chronic memory problems , chronic fatigue , disy spells, head aches and heavy brain fog after 2 years of being on gabapentin
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Neurontin, Memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
More reviews for: Neurontin, Memory loss
On eHealthMe, Neurontin (gabapentin) is often used for neuralgia. Find out below the conditions Neurontin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Neurontin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Meloxicam for a 33-year old woman who has Inflammation (14 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Synthroid, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Hypothyroidism, Parkinsonian Gait (40 minutes ago)
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (52 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Libido Increased
- Inflammation and Meloxicam
- Pain and Sphincter Of Oddi Dysfunction
Recent user comments
- "Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I w ... " (42 minutes ago)
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (54 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (2 hours ago)
- Crystal Deposit Intestine
- Marron Europeen
- Ocular Rosacea
- Gas Flatulence