Review: could Neurontin cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 56,298 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,548 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Muscle spasms >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,805 Neurontin users)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 56,984 Muscle spasms patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 56,298 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 1,547 people (2.75%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Neurontin when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||27.27%||14.14%||4.04%||12.12%||23.23%||19.19%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Neurontin * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.42%||4.57%||12.74%||28.64%||26.74%||26.88% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||14.29%||85.71%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (341 people, 22.04%)
- Multiple sclerosis (187 people, 12.09%)
- Muscle spasms (165 people, 10.67%)
- Depression (164 people, 10.60%)
- Anxiety (116 people, 7.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (311 people, 20.10%)
- Celebrex (246 people, 15.90%)
- Ambien (245 people, 15.84%)
- Prilosec (236 people, 15.26%)
- Aspirin (230 people, 14.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of neurontin and muscle spasms on
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 64-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Skin Ulcer
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old man with Neuropathy.
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.