Review: could Neurontin cause Myasthenia gravis?
Summary: Myasthenia gravis is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prozac, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 56,298 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Myasthenia gravis. Find out below who they are, when they have Myasthenia gravis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Myasthenia gravis >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,805 Neurontin users)
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 2,877 Myasthenia gravis patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 56,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 42 people (0.07%) have Myasthenia Gravis.
Time on Neurontin when people have Myasthenia gravis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Myasthenia gravis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Myasthenia gravis when taking Neurontin * :
|Myasthenia gravis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||2.78%||16.67%||69.44% |
Severity of Myasthenia gravis when taking Neurontin ** :
How people recovered from Myasthenia gravis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 38.10%)
- Multiple sclerosis (4 people, 9.52%)
- Arthralgia (4 people, 9.52%)
- Back injury (2 people, 4.76%)
- Myasthenia gravis (2 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prozac (18 people, 42.86%)
- Prilosec (18 people, 42.86%)
- Nexium (17 people, 40.48%)
- Levaquin (17 people, 40.48%)
- Mirapex (16 people, 38.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myasthenia Gravis while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Myasthenia Gravis
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Myasthenia Gravis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Bi-sifrol, Lorazepam, Mirtazapine, Alprazolam for a 59-year old man with Pain, Parkinsonism, Panic Disorder, Depression. The patient has Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome, Depression, Parkinsonism
- A study of side effects of NEURONTIN for a 56-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 66-year old woman with Slipped Disk. The patient has Loose Stools
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Lipitor, AMBIEN, Sertraline for a 59-year old woman with Meralgia Paraesthetica, Heartburn - Chronic, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Le Cells, Cd8 Lymphocytes, Neutrophilia
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Neurontin for a 49-year old woman with Depression, Insomnia, Nerve Pain. The patient has Memory Loss
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Meloxicam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Prozac for a 67-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Topiramate, Gabapentin, Qvar 40, Cymbalta, Digoxin for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Simvastatin for a 81-year old woman who has Blood Cholesterol Decreased
- Comparions of Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.