Review: could Neurontin cause Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (Sleep apnea)?
Summary: Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Neurontin.
We study 56,298 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,794 Neurontin users)
Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (a sleep disorder that involves cessation or significant decrease in airflow in the presence of breathing effort) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, depression, high blood pressure, generalized anxiety disorder, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 351 Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome patients)
On Mar, 20, 2015: 56,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 1 people (0.00%) has Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome.
Time on Neurontin when people have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome when taking Neurontin * :
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolemia (1 people, 100.00%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (1 people, 100.00%)
- Back pain (1 people, 100.00%)
- Stuffy nose (1 people, 100.00%)
- Adhd (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoprolol tartrate (1 people, 100.00%)
- Vytorin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Fish oil (1 people, 100.00%)
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 100.00%)
- Naproxen sodium (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin-750, Gabapentin for a 64-year old woman with Disc Fusions. The patient has I Have Stayed Active, But Have Gained A Lot Of Weight. Eat Very Little Feel Full All The Time
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 32-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Doxylamine Succinate, Zoloft for a 49-year old woman with Nerve Pain, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Neurontin, Linzess for a 48-year old woman with Gallbladder Disease, Muscle Spasms, Constipation. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pancreatitis, Fatty Liver Alcoholic
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.