Review: could Neurontin cause Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 3.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 56,197 people who take Neurontin. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Neurontin (latest outcomes from 57,656 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia, pain relief by acupuncture. Commonly reported side effects of Neurontin include pain exacerbated, pain, pain relief by acupuncture, nausea aggravated, nausea.
Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (a sleep disorder that involves cessation or significant decrease in airflow in the presence of breathing effort) (latest reports from 570 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, depression, pain, gastroesophageal reflux disease.
On Mar, 4, 2014: 56,197 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 1 people (0.00%) has Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome.
Time on Neurontin when people have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome when taking Neurontin * :
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome when taking Neurontin * :
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolemia (1 people, 100.00%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (1 people, 100.00%)
- Back pain (1 people, 100.00%)
- Stuffy nose (1 people, 100.00%)
- Adhd (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoprolol tartrate (1 people, 100.00%)
- Vytorin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Fish oil (1 people, 100.00%)
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 100.00%)
- Naproxen sodium (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Neurontin, Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Neurontin (gabapentin) is often used for neuralgia. Find out below the conditions Neurontin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Neurontin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Browse Neurontin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Neurontin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
Aphasia, stroke like, M.S. like
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Neurontin, Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Neurontin, Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Nexium, Lamotrigine, Neurontin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Paxil, Prozac, Clonazepam, Synthroid, Morphine Sulfate, Fish Oil, Vytorin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Acetaminophen, Naproxen Sodium, Nasonex, Evening Primrose Oil, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride for a patient with Spinal Fusion Surgery, Gerd, Depression, Nerve Pain, Edema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Depression - Major, Anxiety Disorder, Hypotonia, Spinal Fusion, Hypercholesterolaemia, Hypercholesterolemia, Premature Atrial Heartbeat Tachycardia, Back Pain, Stuffy Nose, Premenstrual Syndrome, Adhd. The patient has Aphasia (Speech impairment (adult)), Cognitive Disorder, Sleep Apnea, Fall, Sweating Increased, Tachcardia, Palpatations Heart, Working Memory, Executive Decision Making Impairment, Suicidal Ideation, Confusion, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
More related studies for: Neurontin, Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.