Review: could Neurontin cause Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (Sleep apnea)?
Summary: Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Neurontin.
We study 56,298 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,805 Neurontin users)
Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (a sleep disorder that involves cessation or significant decrease in airflow in the presence of breathing effort) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, depression, high blood pressure, generalized anxiety disorder, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 356 Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 56,298 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 1 people (0.00%) has Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome.
Time on Neurontin when people have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome when taking Neurontin * :
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolemia (1 people, 100.00%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (1 people, 100.00%)
- Back pain (1 people, 100.00%)
- Stuffy nose (1 people, 100.00%)
- Adhd (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoprolol tartrate (1 people, 100.00%)
- Vytorin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Fish oil (1 people, 100.00%)
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 100.00%)
- Naproxen sodium (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old man with Neuropathy.
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 53-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Hallucination
- A study of drug interactions between Bisoprolol Fumarate, Gabapentin for a 66-year old woman with Irregular Heartbeat, Nerve Pain. The patient has Withdrawal From Nicotine
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.